Slate everything bundle...is it worth it etc? Any snags?

I can see the appeal of that Creed song. Sounds pretty good on the first listen. I like it way better than Higher already. Iā€™ll give it a few more listens over the next few days to get a better gauge on it. Thanks!

1 Like

This Chevelle song is kinda cool. Liking it on first listen. Again, Iā€™ll see how I feel about it in a few days. I donā€™t want to prematurely make a hasty judgementā€¦, but so far, so good.

1 Like

Like I said, im no huge fan or anything but in general I like the vibe of the more powerful songs theyve done

I guess in general I like ā€œpost grungeā€ with the powerful build on the choruses etc

Like I said, I have a ways to go. i feel im capable of doing stuff like this, its just a matter of putting it all together

and of course, this stuff, good luck lol

1 Like

Take an old cranky guitar or mandolin or something. Maybe with a slight hangover. Make sure you havenā€™t done any vocal or finger training a couple of days. Find a nice place in the sun (or in the shade if need be). Take your time and let the music find you. Let the lyrics find you. Donā€™t forget that most heavy guitar music started out on an acoustic, just playin some blues (or in the case of Zep) folk-like riffs. Donā€™t start cranking up your Marshall to eleven just yet :drums2:

1 Like

Has anyone here subscribed to this deal? A friend of mine locally subscribes and he loves it.

https://www.slatedigital.com/everything-bundle/

Iā€™ve been since they opened it for subā€¦ I donā€™t use every plugin all the time but thereā€™s some things in there that I use on every mix.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had an active Slate subscription for years. Its a ridiculous value for the price!! One of the best you can buy on a bang-for-the-buck level. If someone already has a highly developed Waves, Plugin Alliance, or UAD library I donā€™t think it adds a whole lot. But for those that donā€™t, I can not think of a plugin library anywhere that has that diverse of a tool selection for anywhere near that cheap. Its a game changing value for someone who needs that stuff!!

1 Like

Does the bundle cause you to run into tool indecisiveness?

The Slate bundle is totally worth it, but you donā€™t have to take anyoneā€™s word on that because it only costs you like $20 per month to try it out yourself. Youā€™re not locked in. No-brainer. Then if you think itā€™s worth it, you can get it for $15 per month subscription for the year. Out of curiosity what DAW are you using?

Mixerman

1 Like

I think Slateā€™s plugins smoke both of those packages. I understand someone liking the UAD stuff, but the Waves package was pretty average when it was new. Weā€™ve come a long way from there.

#Mixerman

+1000! :+1::+1::+1:
I knew what to expect, because Iā€™ve owned Slate stuff since the first plugins they put outā€¦ but there were a few nice surprises in the bundle that I wasnā€™t expecting, like the Eiosis De-esser, The Verbsuite Classics, the FG Stress & the FG-A.

My feelings too.

Not for me, but then Iā€™m not particularly a plugin cork-sniffer. If it works, it works - and they definitely work!

Iā€™m using Cubase Elements 9.

Anyone use Kush Audio stuff? I really like that he makes hardware and doesnā€™t try to emulate other stuff. Iā€™ve got the Omega N Pre and love it. His subscription is only $10 / month. I dislike the subscription model, but if it were rent-to-own Iā€™d sign up yesterday, donlge and all. Their sister company SlyFy can be added for a couple more bucks too.

1 Like

Ha, havenā€™t tried those, but with some at $29 it looks like theyā€™re trying to compete with Waves on at least one level. :slightly_smiling_face:

Theyā€™re $9.99 pr month, and you can add the Sly Fi bundle for $3 extra :slight_smile:

I went ahead and did this, but mainly because I had grown to be heavily dependent on the Kush Clariphonic. After I used them for a year, I decided Iā€™d just buy the Clariphonic. Before I was using the Slate Earth and Air, the UAD Millenia, Chandler Curve Bender and the Maag for the hi-frequency lift that the Clariphonic gives you, but I like the way the Clariphonic does it better. :slight_smile:

well, of course. Should they not try to compete with their competitor?

1 Like

Cool! Please give us some feedback once youā€™ve got some mileage on 'em!

Not so sure heā€™s trying to compete. Those are cheaper ā€œgatewayā€ plugins to draw you in. I rarely see big sales on the brand which is a little irritating for us bottom feeders. Kush could definitely use a free plugin or two to get some more people using the plugins - IF he ven cares or needs them. But man is that subscription price temptingā€¦ Still, itā€™s a subscription.

Waves. Grrrr. Waves is on my sh*t list right now, really since their version 10 ā€œupgradeā€. Between plugins not showing up, GUI display issues, their stupid WUP BS and having to reinstall my ā€œoldā€ plugins with a multi-GB ā€œlegacyā€ installer that has to be downloaded and installed to get my non-WUPā€™d v9 plugins to work again after I bought a ā€œnewā€ v10 plugin and updated the Waves Installer program to ā€¦ (Rant over.)

Bless you @bozmillar for your creative outside the box high quality plugins and especially your straightforward installation process. :bowing_man:

Back to Kush, absolutely stellar marketing if you ask me. (Which youā€™re not, I know, but I see to be in rant mode.) He is getting his brand out there. His music is killer (IMHO), plugins are top quality from the ones Iā€™ve tried, his HappyFuntimePodcast is the only podcast I listen to and super informative and entertaining. :+1::+1: His music was the first thing that grabbed my attention though. FWIW.

1 Like

Here ya go. :slight_smile:

Yes, absolutely. It was just the exact price point that struck me. Or this:

Is that like ā€œgateway drugsā€? :grin: Thatā€™s kind of what I thought too. I saw these cool $100+ (each) plugins, then a few $29 jobbies. It seemed like an intro/enticement.

1 Like

I read that one. I guess it wasnā€™t clear - I meant Kush. :grin: