there is definitely some over thinking going on.
There is so much I WANT to do. So much I COULD do. So much so that there is nothing actually happening lol
part of the issue is sort of like, I dont know exactly what I am lol.
Tiny list of things id like to do or directions id like to try:
1) VH/LedZeppish vibes (basic classic blues rock but still lots of ground covered)
2) Creed/AIC/STP/Soundgarden vibe. my main guitar stays tuned to D standard
3) Yngwie/Priest/Dio/Maiden metal vibes
So those are sort of the main vibes im interested in. Sort of classic rock/grunge/Euro metal
But there is also:
2) Fleetwood Mac mystical acoustic vibe such as "The Chain".
3) Eastern vibe such as the Beatles 'Within you, without you". I have an EHX "Ravish Sitar" pedal lol
4) Beatles/Queen/CSNY really layered vocal approach
5) Hendrix vibes
and I have lightly touched on MOST of those areas here and there is my songs already.
My voice does already have some decent natural soul and bluesiness to it but ive also worked hard in the last months going toward a more Brice Dickinson type of vibe. Im not even totally sure what im capable of at the moment but I have a decent range and power etc.
It reminds me of once when I had a bad headache. I started reading the labels on the aspirin bottles and there were soooooooo many choices that it got confusing and was taking forever and finally I realized I didnt even have a headache anymore lol