Slate everything bundle...is it worth it etc? Any snags?

even though I know thats probably decent advice I doubt I can do it lol. Heck, I even been listening to John Coltrane lately.

But i’ll get thru this block soon

Matter of fact im going to write a Creed Ripoff just for you!

Drop C here we come!

Just write your own ripoff :wink: You’re still comparing!

1 Like

well, one thing about me…Im not going to sound like anyone else anyway, even if I try. Cant tell u the times ive said “hmm, lemme do a little ZZ Top vibe”. But it wont sound like ZZ. And I dont do the rip off thing anyway, if it sounds too close to something ill change it

But creed, chevelle, AIC, STP…thats the general vibe I want to head for. Like I said though, im not exactly sure what kind of vocal vibes I can pull off. Ive tried to develop my voice by keeping it CLEAN so far but the vibes I want to pull off generally have strong compression and maybe some grit so i’ll just have to experiment and see what I can do

There is hope though, I recently buckled down on my eating habits and have started losing weight for the first time in like 9 forevers. If I can do THAT, I can do ANYTHING!

Nickelback is a band that people love to hate. They remind me of Creed a little bit. I happen to think Nickelback has a way better singer even though their songs tend to bore me. My band used to play Creed’s “Higher” but none of the guys in my band liked that song very much. I’m sure if I knew all of Creed’s music I would find something of their’s that I like though.

I liked Nickleback when I first heard “Too Bad” and “Never Again”…but then they went and TOTALLY sold out. Never seen such a clear example of what id call “corporate rock”. Every song follows same formula. No thanks

Well I am far from being any kind of Creed “fan”. Im not THAT familiar with them but I like the general vibe except maybe for some of the corny ballads.

I dig stuff like this

and this…this is the stuff. I havent done anything remotely approaching this vibe or power. So I have a big gap to fill from where I am to where id like to be

big difference being I dont have a producer or budget lol

I can see the appeal of that Creed song. Sounds pretty good on the first listen. I like it way better than Higher already. I’ll give it a few more listens over the next few days to get a better gauge on it. Thanks!

1 Like

This Chevelle song is kinda cool. Liking it on first listen. Again, I’ll see how I feel about it in a few days. I don’t want to prematurely make a hasty judgement…, but so far, so good.

1 Like

Like I said, im no huge fan or anything but in general I like the vibe of the more powerful songs theyve done

I guess in general I like “post grunge” with the powerful build on the choruses etc

Like I said, I have a ways to go. i feel im capable of doing stuff like this, its just a matter of putting it all together

and of course, this stuff, good luck lol

1 Like

Take an old cranky guitar or mandolin or something. Maybe with a slight hangover. Make sure you haven’t done any vocal or finger training a couple of days. Find a nice place in the sun (or in the shade if need be). Take your time and let the music find you. Let the lyrics find you. Don’t forget that most heavy guitar music started out on an acoustic, just playin some blues (or in the case of Zep) folk-like riffs. Don’t start cranking up your Marshall to eleven just yet :drums2:

1 Like

Has anyone here subscribed to this deal? A friend of mine locally subscribes and he loves it.

https://www.slatedigital.com/everything-bundle/

I’ve been since they opened it for sub… I don’t use every plugin all the time but there’s some things in there that I use on every mix.

1 Like

I’ve had an active Slate subscription for years. Its a ridiculous value for the price!! One of the best you can buy on a bang-for-the-buck level. If someone already has a highly developed Waves, Plugin Alliance, or UAD library I don’t think it adds a whole lot. But for those that don’t, I can not think of a plugin library anywhere that has that diverse of a tool selection for anywhere near that cheap. Its a game changing value for someone who needs that stuff!!

1 Like

Does the bundle cause you to run into tool indecisiveness?

The Slate bundle is totally worth it, but you don’t have to take anyone’s word on that because it only costs you like $20 per month to try it out yourself. You’re not locked in. No-brainer. Then if you think it’s worth it, you can get it for $15 per month subscription for the year. Out of curiosity what DAW are you using?

Mixerman

1 Like

I think Slate’s plugins smoke both of those packages. I understand someone liking the UAD stuff, but the Waves package was pretty average when it was new. We’ve come a long way from there.

#Mixerman

+1000! :+1::+1::+1:
I knew what to expect, because I’ve owned Slate stuff since the first plugins they put out… but there were a few nice surprises in the bundle that I wasn’t expecting, like the Eiosis De-esser, The Verbsuite Classics, the FG Stress & the FG-A.

My feelings too.

Not for me, but then I’m not particularly a plugin cork-sniffer. If it works, it works - and they definitely work!

I’m using Cubase Elements 9.

Anyone use Kush Audio stuff? I really like that he makes hardware and doesn’t try to emulate other stuff. I’ve got the Omega N Pre and love it. His subscription is only $10 / month. I dislike the subscription model, but if it were rent-to-own I’d sign up yesterday, donlge and all. Their sister company SlyFy can be added for a couple more bucks too.

1 Like

Ha, haven’t tried those, but with some at $29 it looks like they’re trying to compete with Waves on at least one level. :slightly_smiling_face: