What are your favorite 64-bit plugins?

(For the record, I think plugins need their own category or sub-category. When that happens, this topic can be moved there.)

For those of you who have moved to an “all 64-bit” recording system, what are your favorite 64-bit plugins? Now that I’ve gone and created a macOS Sierra partition and installed Cubase 9 Elements, I am interested in building my 64-bit plugin collection. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Just use stock plugs, Boz has plenty of cash for the holidays. Like they always say " Once you go stock, you know how to rock"

1 Like

I thought it was “once you plug-in, you know how to win”? :upside_down:

1 Like

Once you go daw, always a flaw!

1 Like

Note that joke will not rhyme if you say D. A. W.

1 Like

“once you go tape, there is no escape”

1 Like

@BigAlRocks is going to ban us for our wicked rhymes. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Guitar, mic, and amp, you a champ.
Guitar, and sim, you be dim slim!

2 Likes

Nah. I dig the rhymes. On Facebook I am the king of bad puns and inappropriate elf on the shelf pix.

1 Like

Well now you’re just going to have to share those. lol. Better start an “elf” thread.

1 Like

I have a bunch on Facebook. I’ll probably just share the link. lol

Uh-oh someone is about to get easily offended! I feel our first “flag” coming on.

1 Like

:beerbang:

If elements has the built in channel strip with gate/comp/expander/saturation/maximizer on every channel you are really all set for the most part. using the saturation portion can give you all the colors that you need, especially between the tape and tube. also the Cubase vintage and tube compressors are both really good. if you don’t have any of those I would look at Slate. I love them and you can do their monthly pay program now instead of having to buy constantly which is good and bad depending on how much you use them and how often you are mixing. Other than UAD and Slate plugins i really only use some of the Voxengo stuff, mostly the Gliss EQ. I do really like the iZotope Maximizer for limiting and dithering.

Do you have an xAir? i don’t know how those plugin compare to the x32, but the x32 plugins are awesome, you would have to print some tracks probably, but then you aren’t wasting money on something you already have…

1 Like

Now I’m going to have to go look to see which of my plugs is 64 bit and which are still at 32. I’ve been migrating over to 64 bit as my DAW (Mixcraft Pro Studio 7) has evolved, and as plugin updates have rolled out shifting from 32 to 64. But I honestly don’t know without going to look which is 64 and which is 32! I sure can’t tell any difference in using them, they do what they’re supposed to, or they don’t.

But the plugs I tend to use on just about everything are the Izotope suite (Alloy for tracks, Nectar for vox, Ozone for master-out bus), GlissEQ, a few compressors, and the Blue Cat FreqAnalyzer for spectral analysis while mixing. I also heavily use Amplitube, S-Gear2, and most recently, CLA/GTR amp sims. That’s probably 80% of my go-to lineup.

1 Like

Yes. I have the XR18.

i think they are the same FX that are in the x32 and some of those are really good. i don’t know exactly what is different between the xAir and x32 as far as fx and channel strip wise, but you can always reroute back into that and mix through an effect or 2.

1 Like

i was looking at the xAir fx on the behringer website and they are the same as the x32. i didn’t see it list the tube overdrive so i dont know if you have that one, but i use that a lot for tracking everything that just needs a little something, and there is a mix control on it. a more subtle option is using the pultec emulation with no eq and transformer on. if you track drums at all, the sonic maximizer is awesome on kick, snare and toms. Ive been looking at getting one just for in ears and small rehearsals, and i couldn’t find it anywhere, do the gates and compressors have a key filter? i use that all the time live and it comes in very handy.

1 Like

I’m not sure. I’ll try to remember and look at that during my next gig, which is Dec 31st.

The only plugins I know of that are still 32 bit only are the old plugins made with synthedit. Those things are both cpu hogs and unstable.

What plugins are you using that are 32 bit only?