What are your favorite 64-bit plugins?

If you’re asking me specifically, none. I’ve only installed Cubase so far so I only have stock plugins at the moment. Well, I did install AmpliTube 4 so technically I guess I installed one plugin.

I have been using the Kontakt Complete 10 Ultimate plug-ins. I have the full package. They are great for quick work of jingles and demo work. I am sure with some tweaking they could sound pretty top notch. They honestly sound pretty top notch out of the box though. I prefer E-Z Drummer over the Studio Drummer for my drum tracks. I have Superior Drummer as well but haven’t played with it much. I am not sure what the difference is in quality for 64 vs 32? I think it is just the control setup and installer? Product sounds the same to me both ways I have installed it. I currently am using Logic Pro X which seems to work smooth with it. I have used Pro Tools before and they also worked great together.

1 Like

I need to give that another try. The last time I tried Kontakt it crashed like crazy, but that was in my pre-mac days.

The newest version of Cubase doesn’t support 32-bit plugins. That’s the only reason I asked specifically about 64-but.

I have moved to 64 bit Plugs, but not because I think there’s any qualitative difference.
My PC was having huge problems running the 32 bit bridges to use 32 bit ones, to the point of crashing on heavy projects.

1 Like

Gotcha.That’s a bummer. Does it crash a lot? I did have issues on my 16GB RAM Toshiba crashing but haven’t had those issues on my 8GB RAM iMac.

That was the same issue I had with my PC. That’s why I switched to Mac.

It did. So I changed all plugs to 64 bit (relieved to find my licenses on all but a couple allowed for that) and no problems since.