The Song - Wasteland by @Cristina

Thanks a lot for sharing that very nice song!

Right? Between @Cristina and @Emma, our ladies on this site are a powerhouse of talent! We are honored to have them around here. :beerbanger:

6 Likes

Bryan, are Cristinaā€™s tabs and the lead sheet I wrote up for her somewhere they can be found easily if someone goes to this site to download the tracks for the mix?

Here they are!

Wasteland v1 11-17-17.pdf (80.4 KB)

1 Like

? Iā€™m confusedā€¦is this the page people go to download the track? If so, shouldnā€™t we pin/sticky this to the top of the contest page?

I donā€™t see a link to the multi-tracks.

Itā€™s the thread titles ā€œThe Tracksā€ :wink:

Great song! Excited to watch the progress of this contest. Good luck everybody!

7 Likes

@ikmultimediaā€¦Thank you SO much for helping sponsor this! We are truly grateful.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t you join in and blow us all out of the water by using the prize on your mix? That way, you canā€™t lose and only have to give it to yourself.

1 Like

I was thinking of asking someone like Tom Lord-Alge who has worked with us with regard to T-RackS 5 to submit but I donā€™t think he can clear his schedule. :wink: He did create some great presets for it, though.

And to be serious, IK employees cannot compete so weā€™re happily giving the prize to the lucky winner. We donā€™t lose there, either, especially if the winner keeps sharing mixes and masters they do with T-RackS 5.

Thanks!

2 Likes

So are you the living manifestation of the company in the form of AI/Weird Science or someone in its tech department?

To answer that would violate my Prime Directive :wink:

1 Like

Picard threw the Prime Directive out the window countless times in TNG, isnā€™t this one of those circumstances in which it would be advantageous of you to reveal your identity, Robo?

Wow!! That would be cool. Iā€™m sure Cristina would be delighted to have him knock one out of the park for her!!

By the way, I spoke with Kelle recentlyā€¦she did indeed describe Tomā€™s schedule as a ā€˜moving targetā€™ā€¦I can only imagine how busy he must keep himself!

If I could beat TLA in a mixing contest Iā€™d be validated before death.

I want to echo @Jonathan and welcome @ikmultimedia to the group! I hope you will stick around after the contest runs its course. Pretty great bunch here with a unique vibe and wide-ranging experience base. Weā€™re very appreciative that you are willing to sponsor this contest and hope itā€™s the ā€œstart of a beautiful relationshipā€ to quote Bogeyā€¦

1 Like

I was just teasing, being a bit coy, of course. Iā€™m Peter from IK, I spend a lot of time on audio forums for IK as well as performing a multitude of other tasks that I wonā€™t prattle on about. As for some personal background, I studied Music Production & Engineering and Commercial Arranging years ago at Berklee College of Music in Boston and relocated some years after that and now reside in Pittsburgh, PA.

3 Likes

Yes, he is indeed a very busy man. I actually just ran into him at a show in Boston this past weekend (we work with him but I didnā€™t know he was going to be there). He definitely does have a busy schedule because apparently he didnā€™t know heā€™d be there until right before the show and he said he was carving out some time from a project - the details of which he did not share, unfortunately).

I did spread the word about the contest yesterday but I will definitely post about it some more to get more people interested. If the folks posting on social media could tag us (@ikmultimedia on Twitter and Instagram, we have a verified page on Facebook so thatā€™s easy to tag too) Iā€™ll see it and can like, share/repost/retweet/etc. Thanks!

I plan to hang around. Thank you for the warm welcome.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that! Hopefully our groupā€™s somewhat warped sense of humor wonā€™t be a put-off. :wink: We geek out pretty hard around here. :nerd_face:

1 Like