Song done...Thanks for your patience Stan and Bob you guys rock...literaly

I’ve never understood this… the direction one follows when doing anything is forward… the intent is to make it to the end… no? The theme and mood of a song, which is what I think you mean, for me, is rarely thought or planned out prior to the commencement of the composition phase and subsequent recording which, for me, are sometimes indistinguishable or one in the same. I choose an instrument and just begin.

Do.

Am or quite possibly, I guess that might be up for debate.

The direction is usually quite clear for me. The problem is, usually, it’s all in my head. I can hear all the tracks and performances almost down to the last detail - in my head. The issue is actually turning it into physical tracks and working through the bugs that entails.

It’s like I have the mind of a symphony conductor … but the tenacity of an ADD patient. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know that this is the issue. You can generate interest other ways. Other musical parts to offset or counterpoint your basic melody, or even spoken word or sound effects to break things up. It’s all about telling a story, and even the best storytellers use basic age-old techniques. It’s not rocket science. AC/DC made a 40+ year career with 3 chord songs. But they were all different and had different hooks and moods. Despite their critics, their fans love them, including me. When something bores you, put a little ‘shtick’ in there to jazz it up. Sometimes, the weirder the better. A bridge can be total bizarre nonsense, as long as you come back to the song at the end. Many hit songs have used this technique.

I do not have the ole typical rational mind, so yes hang on for weird. Had a temp slowdown on the song because I started another. Now that I have the bed of that one down, I will go back and finish the rock one. Hope it rains today so I am forced to the studio( upstairs bedroom) stay cool Stan

Intro Verse Bridge Verse Chorus Verse Bridge Chorus Solo Chorus Chorus Outro
… or something to such affect/effect/?

FORGET it! Forget that there is even a Name for Sections of a Song. Let your Song tell you what it is and when it is finished.

I have tried to plan the path of walking while considering who walked where previously without getting bitten while strolling through the dirt and bypassing all mirage. I might have just walked into a cacti and saved myself the trouble… but, that’s just me and…

… forget sometimes. I went all in man!

Time… it don’t exist and isn’t matter but wow does it ever still got power.

More than occasionally, art is just meant for the artist… don’t sweat it. Like a dump… if ya gotta go ya gotta go… art follows that sort of path although not like intestinally and exiting traditionally.

I peddle gibberish yeah.

Hey Feaks, I read through all of this and I’m trying to figure out where it’s going. If you need help, I could write a quick bridge for you to get some ideas. Sometimes you have to push the bus out of the ditch to get going.

1 Like

Hi Bob, Yeah I pushed it way like it’s got bad breath or something. Certain spots sit right, but not ticklin my fancy as of late. I liked the original riff and speed. Ever since then It has been a bust. The track is so hacked now with copy and paste it is almost unrecognizable. Then trying to go back and meld them (for me) is a nightmare.
I got lazy and am using drum beats in studio one. This one is called simple songwriter. How appropriate especially the simple. I don’t like EZ drummer cuz it takes so dang long to load. Well on windows 7 anyway.
I grabbed tom toms, but it needs to be more busy I think.
Yes I am stuck. I hate to reach out for help on a song that isn’t very good in general. Stan offered to do a solo. Mine was very lame. It would be great to shelf this thing. Yes, by all means, if you got an idea, lets do it. If I get it near finished, I can contact Stan. It would be great to have two friends on the track. I can post a blank and bmp’s if that would help. Let me know and thanks for stopping and the offer
bpm 90

I would just give you an idea to bounce off. Chords and lyrics you can throw away if you want. Sometimes when you hear something you don’t like you start hearing what fits when you do. Give me a couple of days.

1 Like

gotcha :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick idea for you. You could split it in two, or use it wherever you think it might help, or trash it altogether. It might help tie your idea together, but it needs to be sung like you would sing it. If you don’t like it but it gives you another idea, that’s great too.

3 Likes

Just in case:
Spare me (G7#9, F# 7#9) (Hendrix chord)
Your righteous indignation
Spare me
Don’t need your sympathy
Spare me
The things that I’ve been messing with no doctor will prescribe for me (G, A7 B7)

I know
I’ve got a little problem
I know
It’s time for me to quit
I know
That trying to break a habit is is really very different from just doing it

1 Like

SB has doubts if he can yet contribute. Are you freeking kiding me. haha That was hot man. I first heard three dog night, but not for long. This has some feeling/attitude/lyrics that are spot on. You can still sing and play man. I am first going to throw all of it in first off. I know the vocals won’t fit but who knows? I can’t sing with that much emotion. Second thought that maybe you could you sing it all ??? I’m just shooting out first emotions. Third thought was to maybe put raw demos out and friends then have them for a ride with their own spin? I think there are many here that just lack confidence after being away from music for a spell. It would be like a game some play where someone tells a joke and then another makes it better?
Just yur otro had so much more punch than I have. It’s the difference in talent AND knowing what you are doing. Can’t wait to mess with this. Have a big job this weekend. I am selling firewood and usually help folk load. Great workout. thanks much Bob

OMG I just reakized those were the written lyrics and not your personal feelings. Wow…par for this old mind

1 Like

My dad (died at 47) always used to tell me I was talking like a sausage when I said stuff like that. My wife just yells out SQUIRREL…

When you sing it, change the last 3 words from “Just doing it” to “Kicking It”.

Awesome! The Styles B Soul Choir is in full flight… love the descending chordal movement too… lyrics are really on point.

2 Likes

Yeah, I finally got Bob’s style based on that proclamation! Three Dog Night is it, or extremely close! I loved those guys as a kid. Something I should revisit actually, so soulful!

And there’s probably a lot more!

Ha! They found hundreds or thousands of Quaaludes in the Georgia Guide Stones time capsule, that’s a testament right there!

People may need that stuff, come winter, you’re doing a service! In Germany they’re finding that they can’t live without Russian gas, big surprise!

There’s an old Latin expression that means “Know Thyself” (“Temet Nosce”, referenced in the movie The Matrix). Be true to yourself and - for the most part - you can’t go wrong. Speak your truth and you’re one with God, no matter what somebody else thinks or says.

And that cigarette you’re smokin’ 'bout scare me half to death
Open up the window, sucker, let me catch my breath

Those are some awesome lyrics especially that last line. what fun:)

Love that riff man. I can play almost any chord, but those two are literally a stretch for me. For now I am cheating and using only the first four strings. Also messin with those in between notes.
It is hard to decide if I should use all of it or one of the halves? A minute is pretty long for a bridge. I’ll sleep on that part. This is more fun than a new set of snow tires

It depends on what’s in the cigarette! :wink: I assume he’s talking about tobacco, which yes, in the hand of corporate tobacco companies has become an atrocity, but which to Native Americans (in the peace pipe) was a natural sacrament.

But it could also be the psychoactive kind, which has been shown to have healing properties over many centuries around the world.

Either way, not all may want to experience it. It’s to each one’s individual choice. The whole premise of addiction or harm depends on what your orientation is. Natural substances have been demonized because they make pharmaceutical answers to problems seem incoherent. But the opposite is true also; that which is unnatural is incoherent with the natural, which has proven effective over thousands of years. Party On, Wayne. :wink:

1 Like

Ha, that’s like Nietzsche saying “how far should I push the boundary between the modern and post-modern” :joy:

1 Like