Personality Cubicle Mix

Thanks mate !

woaw, very natural mix !

1 Like

Nice work my friend.
I like very much the overall clarity and power, and the sound of the guitars and snare.
Some suggestions that I would do.
Turn the Rhythm Gtrs a bit down because they cover the vocals. Especially in the verses.
The lead vox could need a bit of de-essing at some points.

1 Like

Thanks man… appreciate it… agree
is it possible to change the mix after I posted here?

According to the rules you can’t. Only the first post counts for the competition. But I would like to hear it with those small issues solved nonetheless.

2 Likes

Check out the contest rules again (linked below). Unfortunately, you only have one shot at it. Once you post your official mix here, that’s it. What a lot are doing is first posting their test mixes for critique on “Bash This Recording”, then posting here once they are happy it’s the best it can be.

http://indierecordingdepot.com/t/the-contest-details-and-rules/141

Great sound. Like the vox up one more db. ha ha Like the unusual timing of that first riff. The power chords to me were just a touch hot. Not much really to pick apart here. Nice work:)

Sincerely

Paul

1 Like

I like what you did with the guitars.

1 Like

Bashing as I listen:
I like the overall tone on this one, no harshness and great full tones.
The low end lacks a bit of clarity though, I guess there’s some frequency build up there that you could have better controlled. Vocals would need a little extra pass of automation to stay on top.
Not a fan of the distorted vocal at 2:34, it sounds a little incongruous at this point only, and the tone is a little too lo-fi compared to the rest of the tune.
But all in all, a pretty good mix! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like the EQ on this one, but my one area of critique would have to be the dryness of the recording. It’s a little brittle sounding, I’d add more reverb and some delay on the vocals. If you put a 90-150 ms predelay on the vocals it helps give them life while keeping the reverb from making it sound murky. Ping pong delay on the vox has a widening effect, panning one delay in the left ear and panning a slightly longer one in the right ear. It’s a great technique I picked up from the '80s, one of the only good tricks I picked up during that decade!

Cheers,
Doubletrackinjive

1 Like

I do put reverb and predelay on the vocal… but just subtle amount.
yeah pingpong delay great idea… thanks mate

so sad :frowning:

Solid smooth mix Well played

1 Like

Good guitar tone! :smiley:

1 Like

thanks mate

Sounds great and balanced to me. Very smooth high end.
There may be couple dbs too much in low subs. Or maybe it’s a question of taste…

Well done!

1 Like

glad you like it… yeah maybe bcos of the bass track HPF. I Should’ve roll off more

Good mix, I would give toms a bit more punch.

1 Like

Sounds big and nice! And the guitar pretty natural… But I think the bass need to be more in front, or just me! Cheers anyway! :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds great and well-balanced.
Love this track!

1 Like