November songwriting challenge - Week 1. Emma

My oldest kid was a huge fan of The Wiggles when he was little. I could totally picture them doing this song. :+1:

3 Likes

This is oddly soothing… I’m sitting here at the end of a work-day with a silly smile on my mug listening to the ‘Da MooMoo Song.’ You’ve captured something here… I’m not exactly sure what… but I like it. :relaxed:

1 Like

Strap him into a chair and force him to intake this masterpiece at the risk of being grounded, with the punishment of having to eat like a and tell people he is a vegan. That oughta get him listening.

its giving me disturbing images of movies like a Clockwork Orange lol

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve been listening to this on repeat for sixteen hours straight. My boss went crazy, my wife has taken the kids, and the neighbor currently has a double barrel sawed off shotgun stuck in my mouth. I guess that speaks for its longevity. It’s invoked quite a passion.

1 Like

Rrrright,
you’ve convinced me… I’m going to hire a proper producer, mortgage the house and get those cows on autotune and smmoooooth out this puppy…

o… [pause]
but I’m a bit too busy already working on the next song for November…
I have two ridiculous ideas already… watch this space.

Um, sorry about your domestics… if you play the track backwards it will fix everything - guaranteed… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t ruin the demo feel. You don’t need a producer to dilute your vision. It’s all just bureaucracy to your ensuing stardom.

1 Like

Yeah, I was just kidding… being ‘produced’ simply never worked for me :slight_smile: I’m starting to rather like ‘more-raw’ stuff… there are some lessons here for me somewhere. In the meantime I shall continue to twinkle away in my own little sky…

Awesome -You really have a knack for the novelty song!.. with the right video, I could see this getting a zillion views on YouTube.

Sounds a little like Harry Belafonte moved to NZ to do some farming. Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks heaps Andrew!.. Love the Harry Belafonte analogy, giggle!~
It’s actually a salutary wakeup call for me, this ‘throwing things together’…
I can’t even remember what the song sounds like, I literally made it so quickly. And yet I can obsess and angst for hundreds and hundreds of hours… it’s a peculiar thing.
On my morning walk this morning I even took some cow photos to play around with… Just so nice to feel the creativity flowing again, it felt like a looong winter.

This is amazing. I agree with Andrew that it could be a hit on YouTube with the right wacky video to go along with it. I’m listening to it for the third time already. It’s great! I’m pretty sure I’ll be humming it later. :smiley:

2 Likes

So utterly silly… thanks for listening… I really did get into the groove… haha… something about not giving a damn I guess…
And this morning I did take some cow videos so am going to try to put a video together with it just for ridiculousness!!

edit: here is an example of an early morning photo - o dear, I suspect I am in creative overdrive… :wink:

3 Likes

Yes…bovine madness has crept into my mind :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

me

Well, this is udderly original… I have no beef with the choice of arrangement at all, and I agree with @Cristina, it’s quite catchy and sets a certain mooooood. Definitely among the most original pieces I have herd – no deja moo here. And there is still plenty of scope to milk this idea dry. Just don’t stay up pasture bedtime working on it…!

:cow: :cow2:

3 Likes

Brilliant !!!

That’s no bull! He wouldn’t steer you wrong!

Sorry… Must be the mad-cow kicking in. :slight_smile:

Love the cow photo btw. A video for this would be amazing.

2 Likes

I’m giving it a go but trying to be a bit ‘careless’ about it… plus it’s the first time I’ve worked with actual moving footage so it’s all a bit bizarre but creative fun…

Wow, I hadn’t any idea what a MooMoo song could be but I was a very nice surprise with lot of layers of Emma’s voice and an ode rhythm with cowbells!
As always, great work even if you didn’t have any idea to start with.
Kudos!!

1 Like

Hi there ncls, lovely to hear from you!!
I also made a very silly video to go with this if you were interested : Da MooMoo Song Music Video
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m not sure on that word. What about funny, weird, creative or conceptual? :blush:

1 Like