My son sent me a higher energy original

…and an updated version…

6 Likes

I think it sounds good. I’d probably go a little lighter on the drum distortion. It seems like it’s just past the point of overdone. Gives the drums a slightly harsh edge.

2 Likes

Ha Ha, my kinda stuff. Really a good rock voice. Goes to prove you don’t need a screaming lead to pull off a good song. Not much to pick on here. Only thing I can think of is it might be slightly a little too busy. My foot was a tappin bud :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the sound of this. There’s different layers in the music that gives it a real 3 dimensional sound.

1 Like

Sounds pretty awesome to me! Love everything about this. :+1:

1 Like

This also more my kind of music

Thanks for the listen

I appreciate you taking the time to check it out

1 Like

nice thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hey Paul, are you mixing these?? Because they’re pretty great!

1 Like

My son is mixing them. He sends them to me and we talk about it.

1 Like

What I’m hearing is a very good vocal performance and a well performed song. The balance of the mix is fine, and there isn’t anything standing out that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out

liked it, overall.
Only thing that sort of jumped out at me from an aesthetics perspective was that the bass line gets slightly drowned out when the riff at 1:25 comes in.
But nothing too major, its a good listen. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree. Thanks for checking it out

Pchad902,
Thank you for the review(s)! Now your song: this reminds me a little bit of Stone Temple Pilots (a compliment). Cool song. I like how the electric bass just doesn’t follow the guitar constantly. Nice vocals. The mix could be a tiny bit more bright for me (I’m listening on Sony MDR-7506 headphones), but that runs the risk of being more fatiguing to listen to…I’m listening again, this time I listened to it more loud. I take back my more brighter comment. The recording and song sounds very good all around! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the listen

Nice mix man ! Good energy!

I kinda agree with Bozz a bit. Maybe you could blend it a little less on the highs ?
Also, I’m listening with a subb, and starting around 55 ish there is some subb content that might be a little bit to loud. My room is FAR from perfect, so take it with a grain of salt :smiley:

Good job though !

Thanks for the listen. Alex sent me his latest version. I’m new to the board, so I’m not sure if I should post it in a reply or add it to the original post.

I usually do both. One in the original post so new people are seeing the latest mix, and one later on so that the thread is easier to follow and figure out what version people are referring to.

1 Like