My apologies for the downtime

After quite a battle, I was able to get the site restored. Basically, I had to set up a whole new cloud server. All is well now and I’ll be performing some updates again soon. Sorry it was down. Definitely wasn’t expected.

11 Likes

this great to hear I was thinking that it may have gone down for good. Thanks for doing that.

Wow! IRD lives on!!! Thanks @holster !

1 Like

Well I’ll be! I was just about to give up when it went live again. Yay!

1 Like

Great news, Brian. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. I was getting a little twitchy without the IRD banter.

1 Like

Crikey, that had seemed a sad ending… but…
Yippee!!! Lovely to read y’all…
:sunglasses: :wave: :beerbanger:

2 Likes

Great news!

I want to act like I’m too cool to be fazed by the loss of this site but if I’m being honest I was more bothered by it than I want to admit. :flushed:
It almost felt like losing a close friend.

Luckily I was able to connect with Stan through email and he told me that Bryan was working on getting the site back up and running. The pessimist in me was preparing myself to accept that the site might be gone permanently. Good to see the gang is back !

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Bryan.

2 Likes

Well I guess my therapist needed a little extra money anyway. whew…

2 Likes

I was pooping myself!!!

2 Likes

TMI!! :poop: :clown_face: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yaaaaaaaaay!

2 Likes

@holster …what caused it?

Was the issue with Discord or AWS?

1 Like

I pooped every day since the site went down, but not once did I poop in my pants!..….As far as I recall……:thinking::eyes:

2 Likes

Thank yawl for the scoop on the poop :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was concerned I’d lost everyone here! I just signed up at Drooble, which I just learned about, and is another musician social site. This made me realize how precarious having only one online home is.

My plan was to eventually find as many members from IRD that I could and maybe get everyone together again on a new site. I’m not the type that would be good or even able to organize or form a new group but I was hoping someone else here would do it if IRD didn’t get back up and running.

I was able to contact Stan and he gave me Paul’s @feaker email. I also googled @ColdRoomStudio (Andrew) and I saw he had some places online where I would likely be able to contact him. I remembered that @Chordwainer Dave had a YouTube channel and figured I’d probably be able to track him down too. Those were the only members that I figured I would likely be able to contact after a little bit of sleuthing. I was just about to email @feaker , but when Stan told me that Bryan was working on getting the site back online I figured I’d wait a bit before I did that. I’m glad to see most of us are back on IRD again!

This is what I wrote on June 24th when the question was brought up about closure of the site:

I figured that. I am totally bummed, Where am I to go? Can friends reunite if they find another site like before. I would have rather had a tooth pulled. so sad
edit I should have contributed financially. At the end I was going to but thought the site was heading down.
Very few folks were doing new original stuff. I thought that is what IRD was all about?
my email is pbfeak@sbcglobal.net. Please include me if there is to be another site?

1 Like

I got your email now, Paul. If this site goes down I won’t lose touch with you. After the site went down last week, I’m wondering if there should be some kind of backup plan for the members here. Maybe a Facebook group just to stay connected?

I have scaled back from a few hundred friends to only 20 on FB. Too many battles. I am active tho so that would be an option.
This site has so many features tho that would not be available on FB. I would also join a site that only focused on music only. I would gladly pay a monthly fee for that.

1 Like