My Album (FytaKyte's "Meandersaur") Out Now!

How exciting. I did a quicky listen because my wife has me “on task” ha ha My fav so far is Damage, Sounds like something out of my era. BTW your voice is great

2 Likes

Thanks Cristina! Glad you noticed the “energy” thing. That’s actually something I realised I almost unconsciously go for, whether I am writing, recording or mixing a song - Energy is key!

Thanks mate - I appreciate the kind comment about my vocals. I think I can live with them :neutral_face:

@ColdRoomStudio, I’m proud of you man! I’ll bet it feels great to have a completed project like that. I’ll be checking it out!! :beerbanger:

1 Like

Thanks Bryan - As I said above: To all IRD members - Please hit me up via PM if you would like a copy of the album in digital form for free - I’m more than happy to send you a download link.

One more thing: If I may ask a favour of the community here;

Please let me know which artists my music might be similar to or at least remind you of.

The is a question I’m supposed to answer when I’m uploading the music for distribution on most sights. TBH, I’m at a complete loss as to which artists I most sound like or at least are within a bull’s roar. I mean, I know who my influences are, but it’s a question I can’t seem to answer objectively.

I’d really appreciate your input - Thanks!

1 Like

Album Update:
The album has now been delivered to all the digital outlets like and digital streaming services like iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora etc etc etc…Just search “Fytakyte” wherever you prefer!

1 Like

Just for starters I am reminded of Talking Heads and Neil Finn…

1 Like

Thanks Emma, that’s a great start - both are artists I like, and who have no doubt influenced me in some way. I love the quirkiness, groove and energy of TH and the classic songwriting sensibilities of Neil Finn.

I’ve had some other responses in other places - A few other artists suggested: Triumph, Wishbone Ash, Jude Cole. Of those, the one I relate to most is Jude Cole, who I hadn’t heard of before… I did a little research, and it looks like he transitioned from artist to producer after some major label albums in the early 90s.

Cool find!

1 Like

O yep… definitely a similarity in style to Jude Cole… enjoyed exploring his sounds but did find his recent productions quite muffled overall… love the crisp edge to your album.

1 Like

Here’s a couple that came up for me: Lynyrd Skynyrd (at least that Southern Blues-Rock style flavor), and Gary Moore. I think you have mentioned Gary as an influence before, and I felt some shades of Gary coming through in the rhythm and lead guitar playing. I hope that helps.

1 Like

I noticed that too - I think his Soundcloud song was a quick demo.

Thanks - I’ll definitely take both of those! Yes, I’m a BIG GM fan, although my guitar skills pale into insignificance by comparison, of course. He was one of the greatest rock guitar stylists ever IMO - blazing virtuosity, monolithic tone and an incredible melodic sense.

1 Like

Good one! Bitter sounds like it could be a lost track off one of the Crowded House CDs.

Ian Thornely.

:+1:

2 Likes

Yep definitely a Crowded House vibe and Andrew’s voice sometimes has quite a Neil timbre to it. I particularly like the tricksy twists and turns of the songwriting… there is great variety and yet a coherence which is a clever thing.

I’ll definitely take those as a compliment too!.. Especially Ian Thornerly… I only recently “discovered” him and the man is a towering, prodigious (yet criminally under-rated) talent - not many people can play guitar like Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Ry Cooder and Mark Knopfler all in the one song, all the while singing like Chris Cornell! He’s so good it’s unfair!

Wow, thanks Emma :blush: - You can be my publicist anytime!

…And I discovered him because you (I think) posted him in the “underrated” thread or whatever that was. “Out Of Control” is the song that gave me the Ian vibe.

1 Like

Amazing job Andrew!
My personal favorites at first hearing are Bitter, Bulldozer and The ballad of of Charles & Henry.
As we say in Greece, may your album be καλοτάξιδο (kalotaksido) meaning have a good trip all around the world!

1 Like

Cool, good to know! (Thanks for the review on Bandcamp, btw!)

Hey George! - Great to get some specific feedback on the songs you preferred. Thanks for listening and commenting - much appreciated!

Had a fella today say some of it reminded him of Slash and The Conspirators (Myles Kennedy), as well as The Living End (Great Aus Band - check em out). I wasn’t unhappy with those comments at all!

I saw them a few years back. FANTASTIC BAND!

1 Like

Some new developments for those who are interested:

2 Likes