How can I promote a new album?

How can I promote a new album?
0.0 0

I hope you don’t take my question the wrong way or anything… but what do feel that you stand to gain by being the label for a few (local I presume) bands?
It seems like it’d just create a lot more work for yourself vs charging said bands up front to record with you. I’m curious to get your thoughts on that.

I’m talking about bands that would be my own :slight_smile:

Dang! You have quite a bit on your plate then! :beerbang:

I wish I had the time and recourses for it NOW, and not in a year or maybe 2. Hope the house aint gonna cost to much more then planned so I can start on the studio asap. Gonna have to do some serious accoustics in there I think. Its a concret seller (walls 40 cm thick) 5meters by 10meters, and 2.65meter high. Not sure if I’m gonna do a 1 room thing or a 2 room. I REALY value an awesome mixing room, and am prepared to give up the 2 room idea if it realy benefits it, but not of its only a small difference.

Doing it on headphones in a shit room now :stuck_out_tongue:

As an update: My first three months (Jan thru Mar) have netted me $4.49 from the one song. Problem is, the breakdown doesn’t really tell you what’s going on. Most of that is iTunes and Spoitfy, but all they tell you is the $$, not the # of plays/downloads, so the info is pretty much a bust…still, my first 5-song release netted $.,28 my first month with RN, and $1.28 here (for a single). Add to that I know the music is better (to my ears), and my skills recording are better and it makes it hard to call the difference.

Still, as the two EPs are falling off RNs program, I’m sending them to DK. We shall see!