Hello from Flute Cafe

Ya had me worried Paul. Glad to see you back!

1 Like

welcome i look forward to reading you around.

@feaker I can write some flute loops yes, are you looking for something specific ?

Hi I havenā€™t had this opportunity before. I will go back and find an example. My daughter played the flute

Now thereā€™s an epic pun waiting to happenā€¦!

2 Likes

Apparently itā€™s a ā€œreal thingā€:

I want to see Toucan Sam actually playing the flute. Please donā€™t tell me itā€™s a bird-brained idea or I may fly off the handle.

Well, toucan play that gameā€¦

1 Like

touchƩ

1 Like

lol yes, also look up Flutes of Fire from looploft

Hi Michelle, my first instrument was the flute.
Since then Iā€™ve been mucking around with several instruments, none of which I can play either.
You havenā€™t got a dozen other classy friends you can get to join, to help offset the anti-class of CPF?
In your Cristina mix, are the strings real or sampled?

Cheers,
Sven

Whatā€™s up flautist? Enjoy the forum.

Hang on a minute, I may be a bit direct, but anti-class? Who do you think you are Mister Svenerson? Sheā€™s in fact invited a few classy assy friends. Enjoy. I am classy, no?

1 Like

Nobody has told you this before?

I mean, I always went to class in school. I think Iā€™m pretty classy.

1 Like

I saw that and immediately started craving flautas. lol

flautas

2 Likes

Why the first and not the current instrument? :stuck_out_tongue:
I did invite a few to join lol , they are just being lazy ā€¦
in my mix, the Violin is recorded in the studio but the string ensemble, cello ensemble and french horns are samples from Kontakt

What are those, holst? Never heard of them. Some kind of paradise food? They just look like taquitos. Ah, I guess youā€™re right @Sven, I have no class. I grew up poor. So I say class is a repression tool used by the bourgeoisie to control the working class by demanding they adhere to their ā€œcorrectā€ sensibilities. Who says the way they act is right? Constantly hiding behind a wall of euphemisms and deceit. I think theyā€™re all gonna stab us straight in the back. And we let it happen. Social class=social control. The aristocrats know where they can stick it. If we act like them, then we canā€™t very well oppose them while they fuck us over. That wouldnā€™t be ā€œpoliteā€.

I got into playing flute when I wanted to be like Ian Andersonā€¦ Jethro Tull is still that band I could not have done withoutā€¦ exceptional. I had two flutes over the years, but lost touch with it. Next time I bought a instrument I bought an alto sax, and I have since moved to tenor. But I donā€™t play the sax a lot either. These days I play a bit of guitar, wanting to be like Billy Gibbons :slight_smile:
I enjoy making string arrangements, too, also using Kontakt.

Hereā€™s one of my better arrangement things - I originally had vocals on this tune, but I removed them. Donā€™t feel they are fully up to parā€¦

I was going to make a ā€œflautaā€ joke but didnā€™t think anyone would know what they were. :wink:

1 Like

This was a very beautiful arrangement @Sven very inspiring. Loved the harmonies!
I am working on a Album of Orchestral scores with flute myself, Album is called ā€˜Solarisā€™ . Hoping to have it ready next year! lol

1 Like