Goals for 2018?

I also plan to get on this forum more often!!! Rock on…

:beers:

3 Likes

Great to see you again!! :beerbanger:

Hey Jonathan, website looks cool…
… but you also have that “not secure” problem…
You know the other SSL…

S

1 Like

Dude…thanks for pointing that out!! I know like…zero about this stuff.

Should I email the web developer? …could you tell me what I’m supposed to ask them?

Yes, it will be a “generally good idea” to get this sorted during 2019…
SSL is a “hi-tech” security feature that’s now taking over the world, so to speak.

The main problem isn’t what it does, but what not having it implies. It’s almost like a protection racket - if you don’t have it, there’ll be trouble…
The trouble is you’ll have the “not secure” warning show up on your site, and you will be placed lower in the Google rankings… and you COULD be exposed to attacks…

It’s your web hosting company that needs to be able to support SSL, so talk to them first. But you can also ask your web developer, he or she should know about this and might have some tips.
Some hosting companies offer free SSL certificates and others have various discount strategies for getting you on board.
Sooner or later, most professional websites will have be https sites (the “s” indicates secure) and hosting companies that don’t support it are likely to fall by the wayside…

Technical Blurb here…

SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.

To be able to create an SSL connection a web server requires an SSL Certificate. When you choose to activate SSL on your web server you will be prompted to complete a number of questions about the identity of your website and your company.

http://info.ssl.com/article.aspx?id=10241

1 Like