Creepy clown ...new ending from 2:08 to 2:15....done

Hey aaron thanks for listening and let me know of other sites I can find you on i this place dies.

update…progressed till I think 1:16 ish with a different into and some messy chords and vocals after the chorus…and yes the flanger should come out in a few spots…it tires me out listening also
fingers crossed the site doesn’t go down…attendance abismal

Close your eyes

I waited all night…I’ve been hidin in these bushes

waited all night… just to… hear …you… scream

waited all night I can finally see you commin

I waited all night now I’ll… haunt… your ….dreams…. Your inner space

You can’t erase…my painted face …etched in your mind….my evil eyes

Close your eyes what do you see close your eyes I bet it’s me

I told you before you’ll never get me out of your head

I waited all night …I don’t give up very easily

I waited all night…you’re lucky you got away

I’m waiting again …I’m gonna get you this time

I’m waitin again …now I’ll… haunt… your ….dreams…. Your inner space

You can’t erase…my painted face …etched in your mind….my evil eyes

1 Like

Great start, keep at it. I can hear this with buzzsaw guitars and a more hard rock approach too. You’d have to be careful to not take it into Alice Cooper territory, but you could have a lot of fun with it.

1 Like

The flanger sounds great - very unsettling and original. The vocals are really adventurous… Now it just needs some sense of release/resolution to round out the song.

1 Like

I think the flanger works. You got the material for the makings of a good horror/ Halloween song. A strong chorus with a good melodic hook would probably really bring this song to life, but you got a good, creepy vibe going so far.

1 Like

Great idea with the chainsaw. I have my studio in an upstairs bedroom. I will open the window and start the recording. I will then go start my husquarvana and record that and maybe some simultaneous creepy vocal like i am getting cut up. thanks

Hi Andy Yeah I haven’t ever used the flanger setting because I thought it would take up too much space in the mix. It’s one of those settings that you can’t play too fast. Not sure yet where to go noww. thanks for your comments

Hi mr W The chorus certainly doesn’t have a punch right now and I know that. It should be longer too. Glad you agreed with Andy that the flanger is ok. I have to have something to work on, so this will have to do until my mind starts be creative again.
Sorry about not using the quote thing. I see it right now, tried it and failed…oh well

1 Like

I… I … I don’t know what to think. I’m smiling but want to take my headphones off before I freak out at the same time. I am loving various aspects (the drum fill that kicks it off and the flanger are the best bits for me) but your voice in my ear is creeping me out. It’s like… RIGHT THERE!

I think I said in a previous post that I would happily purchase a release of yours… I’ll make you a deal, keep this one off it. I say that with tonugue firmly in cheek - I don’t hate it at all, but it is creeping me out big time and I’d likely skip it! Music is to evoke a reaction and this does for me! :wink:

In all seriousness, I think the elements work really well. I think I want the drums or maybe bass (or maybe both) to have a bit more oomf (to use a Boz term) or power to them after that intro fill. The fill is great and feels like it is setting up something, like “here we come” but it doesn’t elevate after that.

The flanger is brilliant. Have you synched it to the tempo? Sounds like you may have. And it works!
Bloody (theme appropiate) good job… just not one for me. I’ll appreciate it from afar… and under the bed.

1 Like

feaker,
Ha ha; you are right, the song is creepy! I appreciate a certain amount of creepiness. For me, there is always a fine line with chorus, flanger, and phaser effects. Sometimes what sounds good to my ears gives me an unpleasant queasy feeling in my stomach; I’m not saying your song is unsettling my stomach, though the flanger is taking it pretty close to that point. Though I think you should just go with what sounds good to you. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite song of yours, though it is entertaining and amusing for me. Carry on man!

2 Likes

Hey aaron thanks for listening and let me know of other sites I can find you on i this place dies.

update…progressed till I think 1:16 ish with a different into and some messy chords and vocals after the chorus…and yes the flanger should come out in a few spots…it tires me out listening also
fingers crossed the site doesn’t go down…attendance abismal

Well, it certainly is creepier, that’s for sure! Really great creativity, use of your voice and sound- sculpting here… I think it kicks every goal you were aiming at.

Bart would be duly TERRIFIED!

The only thing that really needs help is the drums - they are really scooped in the mids and pumped in the highs and lows… They are too “pretty” for the song - they need to be uglier and more aggressive. Bring back the mids in the drums and add some saturation and distortion - that should help somewhat.

1 Like

feeling good and creepy. as usual Andrew has hit it on the head.

1 Like

Hi Andy Thinking you you like5 minutes ago. I yelled out WTF when the Australia dude just said “there will be no removal of masks while consuming alcohol outside”
As far as the drums, I grabbed something in studio one heavy on the toms I guess. I will EQ that. I have EZ drummer, but can never find what I want. I don’t even think I downloaded it right.
I think now it is time to break into some off key guitar work in a solo. I did look up some off chords that would work with E and A I did change the bass line to the low E to F to G (I think) that sounds wierd. ha ha
I will go back a check on these things. I actually, for the first time, wrote a new song all the way thru that I will try to lay down at least one track tomorrow. Looking once again for a collab? I didn’t play the above clown yet. I was afraid this text would disappear? Not looking good for attendance??? I will be crushed. best to you

Hi Eric This song is kinda one of those tweener’s Somethin to mess with each day. Gotta new one starting tomorrow. Take care dude

1 Like

The phrase comes from a great Alice Cooper song. Bob mentioned AC in Post #2

2 Likes

I have been meaning to do a rhythm guitar track to this, and I finally did, and now I can’t export it via Reaper … what’s up? I try to Render via Reaper and it won’t let me. What happened to Reaper? “Render to File” doesn’t allow anything to happen? WTF is that? How do you use a DAW when you can’t Render? WTF happened to Reaper?

I have the very latest version of Reaper on my computer, and it renders fine for me - I just tried it.

I looked at other Projects, and they looked like they would Render just fine, but trying to Render this one Project with Paul’s file + a guitar track only allows “Save Settings” or “Cancel”, it’s the weirdest thing. I tried lots of other options, nothing works.

That’s really strange… are you using a vst plugin?.. say a guitar amp sim? Try disabling the plugin and rendering - see what happens… I just quickly Googled it, and a few of the problems in recent times were with a particular plugin stopping the render.

OK, I changed some parameters and it seemed to work. I can’t guarantee any mix aspects work well, but I tried to augment the track with some heavy guitar. A bit more ‘gravitas’ to the Clown Craziness as it were. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like