Creepy clown ...new ending from 2:08 to 2:15....done

I’ve never had a probable rendering in Reaper. Ah, I see you got it fixed, Stan.

It was the Nembrini MRH 159, a relatively new plugin (“Brown Sound”), but I don’t think that was the issue. I tried other non-standard menu items and made it work, but I never had to do that before. Weird.

1 Like

Oh what fun. Hard to surprise me these days, but this one did. Yeah the stab guitar I used was lame for sure. I kept it that way to hear the vocal words better. The other side with the flanger going was hard to tame. It sounds great.
First thing I thought of is you cranking up your guitar. Didn’t know if you played much?
Love that start and guitar nasty sound. Not sure some of the chords in there. You’ll have to clue me in on that so I can blend a correct bass etc.
I would like to take your solo guitar track and replace it on the side of mine. If you could upload it. I have no idea how you can mix this without having all the tracks?
My original intension was to have folks listen to the first 1:16. I usually shut it off then. I forgot to do that. I really am not happy with anything after that, but it is very helpful that you played through that. I can still change up the lyrics etc anyway.
Collabs are super fun. If the site in fact does go down, I hope we will find each other somewher else down the line.
thanks so much for doing this

1 Like

I actually meant to pan the guitar to the side to not step on your flanger or vocals, but I’ll post the file and you can do what you want with it.

Yeah, I cranked it up alright! :beerbanger: :grin: I don’t play as much as I would like, but when I do I have fun. I literally just jumped into this and I think it’s a first take, so I hope it works for you. It sounded okay in the ‘mix’ I did, but it was quick and I didn’t really do much. The solo track has a few flaws, but may work okay in the mix.

I just followed what it sounded like you were doing, I think it’s just back and forth between E and A, really simple. I went a little long at the end of the song, you can cut that off if you want. I figured it would give an idea of the solo sound, but may be too superfluous those last few seconds. I had been meaning to do this since Bob mentioned stab guitar and Alice Cooper … then when the AC song title came up it lit a fire under my tailpiece. :wink:

1 Like

I downloaded your track and can’t wait to import it in. I can never remember the chords. I think it is the traditional E A B?? I can chop, paste and blend.
I will have a shared track with Stan the MAN. A big deal to me. thanks so much…heading for the studio

1 Like

You’re very welcome! It was a nice break from the news, i.e. Oopsghanistan. But I know the drill, I’ll refrain from talking politics. :innocent: The clowns will eat me. :joy:

1 Like

Hey Daniel. I don’t know if I have ever not replied to a critique before. I am surely losing it. I am also sorry that I freaked you out to that degree. This is not my normal song. ha ha
You did have some very important comments that I am working on especially the drums. I haven’t got any further on it but thought of you when I opened it up tonight.
Again, sorry for this omission and the best to you.

1 Like

Hey Stan I messed with your track today. It was pretty funny because I would flop it hard right and then hard left and something seemed wrong. Ahhh…it is a stereo track. Ha ha i haven’t ever done anything in stereo before. I finally got it to sound better. That sound is scary in itself for sure. There was a B chord section in there. I took that segment (in E), shoved the notes around in melodyne, and it sounded pretty damn good. Anyway this is going to work out well. I have to go now and develop it out further/farther (never know which one) Great sound man

1 Like

Better living through technical wizardry, that’s what I always say. :wink: I’m glad it seems to be working for you. Can’t wait to hear an update!

1 Like

Hi I noticed that I can’t pm you so I will update here. Each time I advance I will just note the edit date?
I entered your track and it settled in nicely IMHO :slight_smile: I came up with another alternate verse. The scare…eee is now a gal. I have gotten to 1:33 so far, the rest has not been repaired yet. I have to copy and paste that. In the chorus “close your eyes” I muted my stab guitar track and let only your track play for clarity and I think that worked well. I also mute the flanger from time to time when conflicted. Just wanted to have you hear how the melodyne changed up that E chord to a B. I have to sing that second verse again. Just isn’t scary enough.
edit date 9/2
EDIT 9/6
What A CLUSTER frick this has been. I am so inept. I finally get a great colab track and i can’t make it mono. I watched a couple hours of youtube videos and finally found I can’t do it because I only have studio one professional (2) typical. I hate bothering folks so I was considering not putting up any progress report. I just want this thing done. I did a strange thing at 2:08 . Had to walk away for a bit. I have two new ones I’m working on. Hard for this old mind to process.
Also on my first post there isn’t a little pencil to update the track. Maybe that is built in when folks have had enough. peace yawl

1 Like

I sent you a PM to test the system. It seemed to work okay. Since the site is now on a cloud server I wondered if that changed anything. Everything seems to still work the same.

I’ll have to listen some more, but I’ll take your word for it that the Melodyne change worked E to B. Just some thoughts since this is still a Work In Progress (WIP). Some things were hard to hear clearly as a lot of sounds seem to be in the center of the mix. Your vocal parts sound panned widely, so there’s some stereo effect there, and those are nice and clear. But that guitar part I gave you is pretty centered from what I can tell, and may be clashing with bass/drums (kick) since it’s pretty low freq. I think it makes the mix sound a bit cluttered. I’m not sure I have any suggestions for that based on your arrangement, but just thought I’d throw my 2 pennies in there.

1 Like

Very cool Paul, you nailed the spoopy clown brief 150%. I instantly thought of thisHomer Clown bed

1 Like

Thank for the listen and comments Mr Harry nads. Ha ha I got a second verse and a crazy ending. I might be done cuz, well the track and me, we don’t like each other much anymore. Got a couple more in the works. stay healthy

1 Like

Well, I’m not sleeping tonight now… so mission accomplished! Truly scary :scream:

1 Like

I think this is sounding quite good Paul, on first listen to this version. It sounds like after you added stuff, that you put in some interesting production twists and tricks. It definitely keeps the interest and provokes the imagination.

1 Like

Hey Stan the Man. I never did get my collab working. I have a friend that said he can help me with that. I don’t like the stabbing guitar as a background. I have a new ending starting at 2:08 that might be just what this needed. Pleased be braced for the last two seconds. thanks for the support

1 Like

You gotta go with what works. I like the new ending.

1 Like

feaker,
Haven’t listened to this song in several weeks; wanted to see what you have been brewing. Either you have less flanger or it has grown on me like some kind of fungus. :wink: Your creepy song could be in the movie “Nightmare Before Christmas”, and fit right in. Whereas in the past, you don’t have many dramatic song endings, I think you did it justice on this one. Pay no attention to that sound rustling in the bushes in your back yard. It can’t be me, I’m over a thousand miles away! Nice creepy song man.

1 Like