The Progress Log is a place for you to set some goals, show and share your progress, and receive tips from fellow members.
Set up a goal. Just start a thread with a topic of what your goal is. Lay out how you plan to tackle your goal and the estimated timeline. The nice thing about getting your goal in writing on here is that it adds some built-in accountability.
Share your progress. This could (and should) include successes and failures along the way. Let others learn (and teach) from what works and what doesn’t. This is the value of a community.
Share the results! We’d love to hear your projects that have been bashed and finally released (for example).
Some suggested Progress Logs include (but are not limited to)
- Setting up your first home studio
- Moving from beginner mixing to intermediate/advanced
- Streamlining your recording/mixing workflow
- Becoming a stronger songwriter
- Moving from hobbyist to full-time
- Starting your own business
- Selling your projects
- Meeting your practice goals for learning an instrument
- Learn to sing
… and so on
After you establish your goal, just re-visit that thread and add your progress. Have fun! We’re looking forward to seeing what you’re up to in the coming months/years!