Your take on this vocal delay on this acoustic start..30 sec

Two things. I have been recording my acoustic about 6 inches away from my akg 414 mic. On this track start, I sat about two feet away and I am not getting as much noise.
This is a G chord riff i haven’t heard before hammering on the A C and b notes. Anyway i did it twice and put them left and right.
I don’t have lyrics yet. What is said was instantaneous garbage. I usually use a delay in studio one called sweeten the vocal. It has a preset at 6.5. I usually set it to 4. Anyway I messed with all of the other dozen in that delay section and this one sorta worked. By itself it was overkill, but maybe not? Yur thoughts appreciated on the acoustic sound and the vox delay.

3 Likes

Sounding good! Catchy as usual - great start, and looking forward to the finished product!

1 Like

That acoustic sounds tasty!

1 Like

Hey boss. it’s hard to tell when it’s your own tracks. I did notice the meter was barely moving after i recorded it. All I can think now is the hundreds of songs I made were done wrong. ha ha
Good to hear from ya :slight_smile:

Hot damn that acoustic recording is butter, so good. Really nice starting off point for a tune, I was definitely left wanting more.
Wasn’t really feeling that vocal delay, seemed a bit intrusive slapping back halfway through the notes.
Can’t wait to hear more of this one, great stuff Paul.

1 Like

Hey Terry. Over all these years of recording, I haven’t experimented much. I did hear the slapback when solo’d, but first thought it blended. I’ll try something else. Glad you approved of the acoustic. I was quite surprised by it all.
I have been very busy ridding my property of 100 foot dead trees so no time for the studio. I will finish it tho. Good to hear from you

feaker,
I think the delay on the vocals sounds cool for this song, for something different. I wouldn’t do it for every song you do though. The double-tracked guitar sounds very nice.

1 Like