You thought Dorothy was only important in The Wizard of Oz

The band “Dorothy” started out some years ago, but the lead singer had a spiritual experience the last few years that transformed her music. Her drummer OD’d on heroin on the tour bus, appeared dead, and when Dorothy Martin appealed to God to save him he miraculously revived. Think what you will, but she’s convinced it really happened. She titled her recent album “Gifts from the Holy Ghost”, produced by Chris Lord-Alge!
The music seems to speak for itself. The best Rock I’ve heard in several decades!
Dorothy - Black Sheep

Gifts From The Holy Ghost

Dorothy - A Beautiful Life

I’m curious your thoughts on the music and production.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to their music for several years and do enjoy it.

1 Like

I had found them some time back and listened to some of their older songs, but hadn’t heard this newer album (released 4/22/22) until now.
When I heard “Black Sheep”, well of course I had to proclaim “not b-a-a-a-a-a-d”. :sheep: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am enjoying these songs.
Full of energy!
Love the vocals and harmony, and the guitar solo is so nice on Black Sheep!

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it! I do like that solo on Black Sheep, but it’s rather short, only a few seconds really. When it’s a really good song, a lengthy solo isn’t maybe all that necessary, but I do like my guitar heroes to show their stuff now and again.

The vocals do seem spectacular, I assume a combination of talent and production skills. I particularly like the chord progression on Black Sheep, C# - E - F#, maybe a B thrown in to substitute for the F# in a turnaround. I plan to play and study it some more. Really infectious groove!

1 Like