You May Be Right, Billy Joel 1980

“You May Be Right” is a single written and performed by rock singer Billy Joel from his 1980 album Glass Houses. The song reached #7 on the US charts and #6 in Canada. It failed to chart, however, in the UK. This is unlike his preceding and succeeding singles “All for Leyna” (UK #40) and “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me” (UK #14). The Japanese single features “Close to the Borderline” as a B-side.

For all the “Yes Man” of our world, you may be wrong!!!
Peace and love to all peoples!!!

Rene does a little boogie woogie. I did enjoy your madness for awhile> ha ha I was tired for you by the end of the song.
Nice departure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Paul,
That was a very fun song, and also very huffy song to sing.
I am glad about the madness for a while, and also love the change in pace.
Thank you so much!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

Great song choice, and you brought a lot of energy to it!

:+1:

But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation. - James 5:12

1 Like

Hi Stan,
Love your feedback, and thank you for your support!
Truly fun song, and a bit hectic to cover.
Warm regards,
Rene

1 Like

I’m curious how doing cover songs and posting them on YouTube works, if you would care to elaborate. Do you have to do anything on YouTube when posting a cover song, like check a box or defer the copyright/licensing to the original owner/composer? Or does YouTube automatically do that for you? I know a lot of people upload cover songs to YouTube, and there must be some accommodations for that, and I’d guess that any monetization gives most of the proceeds to the copyright owner? Just curious how that all works.

1 Like

Hi Stan,
Great question, and my answer might not be fully compliant with all legal proceedings.
Here’s what I do when I upload my videos on YouTube:

1. As part of YouTube steps, they check for any copyright ownership, and they tell you if there are monetary restrictions.
  2. I then, ensure that I include the copyright owners in my YouTube video remarks.
  3. You Tube also tells you when there are restriction on monetization if copyrights are owned.
  4. There is no box to check, just the list of copyright owners that You Tube provides as part of their checks.
  5. I am not familiar with the monetization appropriation, when your video start getting some financial gains. You Tube might be doing that automatically, but I am not sure.
  6. YouTube videos can start getting monetization when get “YTposter” gets to a certain level of posting, like “1,000 subscribers and 100,000 views”, and then you have to apply in their monetization program.

If there are more experienced YouTubers here, please expound. Help needed.
Pls correct me if there are any wrong info I might have in this post.

Thank you.
Rene

1 Like

Thanks for all the info and all the steps! I do think I have heard those monetization specs before, and also that you have to apply for it.
I had a feeling that YouTube does the copyright owner checks, so that’s good to know.
Thanks again for the response!

If there were one people instead of the overwhelming many there are now, there would then be none and maybe we could all be human once again.

I dig your version of this song. It would be nice to sip on a strong coffee or mocha while watching you at a open mic night. You’d probably get someone to politely ask me to leave after awhile, singing along from the back of the room distracting the groupies in front from you gyrating all over the stage.

Have I introduced myself? Can I come over and borrow one or two of your guitars in the background?

1 Like

Hi Anthony,
Glad to hear from you, and nice to meet you officially.
I have seen some of your posts.
Thanks for the wonderful comments about singing along from the back.
Very humbling and lovely feedback, especially coming from you!
I am in Seattle, and I can let you play some of my guitars.
I also sing for out local Senior Center, and I can invite you to sing along with me, and also have a strong double mocha as well.
Thanks again Anthony!!!
Rene