You Gotta Save Your Geetars Before The Women and Children

This guy knows what’s important in life, eh? :smile:

I just saw this footage on TV and thought some of you guitarists/ musicians would find the pic amusing. He’s rescuing his guitars from the flood water in BC, Canada. He looks pretty happy, especially considering the circumstances. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Time to take one of them geetars and break out a Muddy Waters song …

3 Likes

I can kind of relate to this guy. I bought my guitar in '92 with my first ever weeks wages. I stripped it’s paint, carved it into my dream Ibanez JS from the time, redid the pickups (3 separate times). I finished it in natural wood, put some yacht varnish on it (which 27 years later still looks like it was done just last week). I’ve changed the pickup configuration, refinished the frets, fitted it with a MIDI pickup. All that while playing it constantly for almost 3 decades. Heck I’d get my family out of danger if ever needed, but I’ll be damned if I would leave it behind in this scenario. I consider it part of my family!

2 Likes

I can relate too.

Back in the summer of 83 I was renting a house with my band mates. In the middle of the night all of us had to be removed from the house because the garage went up in flames. The garage was very close to the house, so the firemen told us we had to leave ASAP. I grabbed my 1969 Fender Telecaster because I was afraid of losing it. My band waited outside in our pajamas for a few hours until the fire was put out and the fire team said we could go back in. During that time I got some late night, outdoor guitar practice in. Some people seemed to think it was odd that I chose to “save” the guitar, but it was all that I owned and I didn’t really risk my life to do it.

I still have that guitar with me today. I’ve owned it since 1981.