You Can Do Magic, 1982, America

“You Can Do Magic” is a song by singer-songwriter Russ Ballard that was recorded as a 1982 single by folk rock band America from their album View from the Ground.

America are a rock band that was formed in London in 1970 by Dewey Bunnell, Dan Peek, and Gerry Beckley. The trio met as sons of US Air Force personnel stationed in London.

Thanks for your family’s service to our nation!!!

Grew up and has been singing America songs from the 70’s.

Pray for Peace in our troubled world. We can do magic!!!

2 Likes

Great job on this one!! You did a really good job of maintaining the original feel and yet made it your own. Also, my daughter walked by my computer as I was on my first listen and I heard her humming along as she was walking away. That has to count for something too!

1 Like

Hi holster,
If I may ask, how old is your daughter?
Thanks for the great comments.
And your daughter’s humming, counts a bunch, in my book.
Respectfully,
Rene

Hi Rene Another dandy. I was wondering how you could remember all those lyrics, and then I saw the monitor reflection in your glasses. I was hoping to find an vocal error or chord mishap, but alas none were heard. On one “magic” you didn’t drop down on the ic. ha ha There now i feel like I added some help. You are the real deal dude. congrats again

1 Like

Hi feaker,
You are so awesome!
I really do appreciate your comments and humor!!!
I am hoping that this forum can have a big boom in membership and activity, as you guys are doing such great work in making this forum a really good place to make music and to help people!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like