Yamaha EAD10

I got to check this out in person yesterday and this thing is killer! Honestly, for beginner/intermediate recording at home, and has a decent drum kit, this is a fantastic way to go! I would suggest it’s an awesome way to go for a live setup even.
I was far more impressed than I ever expected to be.
Where I really see this shining is for those creating instructional videos on YouTube etc.

2 Likes

The app and recording feature tells me that it’s really geared towards drummers who want to make videos of themselves playing the drums. I think that for what it is, the sound is good, but that it’s not really comparable to putting regular mics on the drum kit like they demo’d. Looks like a lot of fun for practicing though. And I liked what he said, something about, “this effect makes me want to play this groove,” sort of like how using different instruments/effects can inspired you to write something new.

Definitely geared for the video crowd as you mentioned, but I was rather surprised at the quality in person. Video doesn’t really do it justice. For a simple setup, it’s a lot more valid than I expected. It’s something that I can see developing over the next several years for sure. It’s not “perfect” yet, but certainly impressive.

1 Like