Would you hire these guys? For web design?

That really sucks when you’re in the toothpaste business.
Funniest thing I have read in a while.

How much did they charge you for the buildout?

I don’t remember how much, but I don’t think it was $1650 yet. If I had to ballpark it I’d say around $1500.

Hey @Paul999…since you’re working on your website, there may be a few tidbits here worth glancing over. I laid out some ideas for my own for some feedback. Feel free to have a look :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Everybody-

My name is Paul and I started TechBear, the company mentioned in this thread.

I am afraid there has been a mistake.
I think everybody must be talking about another company.

We have never worked on a toothpaste website… but sounds like a cool idea.

Also we don’t change pricing. All of our pricing is fixed. We think this is the most fair and transparent way to charge for websites. Both the $1650 for a brand new site and the $75 for unlimited business updates are fixed and written in our agreement. We don’t raise these prices.

Hope that helps and happy to answers any other questions.

Paul

1 Like

I very much appreciate the time everyone took to weigh in on this.

I’m planning on going forward with this thing. After doing a hell of a lot of research and pre-planning, I just can’t find another company that offers the same value and support at their price. And the more I’ve looked into it, the more convinced I am that what I envision and really need is lightyears beyond what I’m capable of creating and managing myself. @TechBear (Paul) has been highly accommodating in the process of helping me understand what will and won’t work from a technical standpoint, and has been incredibly attentive to my overall needs for this project. Will this level of support disappear as soon as I send him a deposit? I hope not! There’s always risk in an investment, but other TechBear reviews suggest they’re just as good to people after they get their deposit as they are before. In their defense, this company has perfect five-star ratings on Yelp, Facebook, Thumbtack, and Google, and has no complaints from the Better Business Bureau. That’s ridiculously hard to achieve.

@Clownpenis.fart, if this is the same TechBear that screwed you on the toothpaste endeavor, do you happen to have an invoice from them…or emails or something? If so, please Pm them to me. For clarification, these guy are out of Princeton NJ.