Why did I end up me

I produced this track this week after putting myself in the place of young men and women having fears about leaving the nest.

I added an intro and some fills. Drums or not?

Why did I end up me

Oh mommy dear…did you not hear…won’t you close the door and let me be
I like it here…but do not fear… I’ll be ok
I know you’ve tried…I know you’ve given…all your life…and so much more
I’m grateful…it’s not your fault…I am this way

I am smart I am nice but none of them could ever see
That I do have a different kind of personality…why did I end up me break

Graduation… I hear em talkin…everybody’s going somewhere
away from home on their own…they’ll be alone
But mommy dear….was I not clear… I can’t leave …you have to know
I am afraid …a choice I’ve made …to stay with you

I am smart I am nice but none of them could ever see
That I do have a different kind of personality… Why did I end up me

5 Likes

Cool! Great lyrics. Sounds like something part way through a Pink Floyd album. I like how the vocals are very reserved to fit the mood. Fun stuff, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Wow really nice Paul… great chords, brilliant melody. Great performance too.

It kind of reminds me a little bit of this great song which was a hit here in Oz, from two of the main members and songwriters of The Little River Band - Beep Birtles and Graeham Goble:

[quote=“ColdRoomStudio, post:3, topic:6515”]
It kind of reminds me a little bit of this great song which was a hit here in Oz, from two of the main members and songwriters of The Little River Band
[/quote]Hi Andy. Yeah the song has a parallel vibe for sure. The song is a little sterile :slight_smile: His falseto is a little bummer but still a nice song.
Just a factoid. I winter here in Texas from Michigan and I only wear two t-shirts. One is a red shirt from when I saw the LRB in concert that says “cool change” and the other a black martin guitars. ha ha Drives my fam nuts with my attire.
thanks for the kinds words…I used a fourth chord i can’t identify??? best to you

lush! nice work!

Dont miss the drums. It is good as is. Could maybe add harmonica??

1 Like

Hi Michelle I was going to contact you about strings, but there just isn’t enough draw with the tracks to qualify. I might try the harmonica. I used to use a setting called swell, but it would take off out of control from the get go. haha best to you

I can do the strings np :slight_smile: gimme a couple days though. This is a beautiful song for some warm cello or something like it.

1 Like

Very nice guitar track!
Very interesting lyrics, and so original.
Very nice vocals on this recording, my friend.
I can feel the emotions on this song, and the fear of leaving the nest, which is a scary thing to do!
Well done, Paul!!!

1 Like

Thanks Rene. I was just thinking about creating a post “where is Rene”. Haven’t seen you much as of late.
The chords are so 70’s except the fifth one is a Dmin7. I was writing lyics with my acoustic on my lap and accidently missed the D chord one fret and one string up. I had to look it up. I kept playing it and thought…I guess that works and brings in some interest.
Glad you felt the emotion.

1 Like

Love everything about this one, the chord progressions, the vocal melody, and performance.
Really well constructed. Nice job.

2 Likes

feaker,
Listened to the second mix. Starts out reminding me of Led Zep (a compliment) before the nice vocals start. Guitars sound excellent. With the church I attend we believe we existed as spirits long before we received a physical body. You had your personality well before you were born, but parenting obviously plays a role. Nice song!

1 Like