Who here does what?

So assuming any of us are looking for someone to replace their computerized sounds. Or add a neat instrument to an idea in our head. Who here does what sort of instruments?

I crapily play ukulele, pretty crap vocals, and do even crapier keyboards (with an awesome ROLI Seaboard keyboard). And thinking of adding crapy sounding tambourine to my skill set.

5 Likes

I would love to know what everybody around here does well. Iā€™m just going to place my full resume here, and I hope more people do too. Some of these are pretty old, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve progressed much in my playing ability over the past few years.

I can play piano and do orchestration. My favorite thing to do is add orchestration to existing songs. Iā€™m pretty mediocre at at guitar, bass and drums, but play enough to get by if I have to.

Metal with orchestration

Just orchestration

More Orchestration

More orchestration

I played bass on this

Played everything on this (drums are programmed)

Same as above

Same as above (drums programmed, not me singing)

Oh, and I consider myself a very proficient opera singer when it comes to topics that are close to my heart.

6 Likes

Everything I do is mostly average, except maybe burping.
rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, vocals, (lead, background) songwriting, mixing

2 Likes

Keys and Guitar here. If you ask me to sing, I promise youā€™ll regret it lol.

1 Like

Guitarist first. I can play some pretty decent bass. ā€œAdequateā€ vocalist (whatever that means). Can find my way around drums and record a reasonable part (with a good bit of help from my DAW).

Iā€™m a terrible keyboard player - thank goodness for midi. My sister is a brilliant pianist, so I never even tried - I should have :persevere:

Oh, and I can mix alright, too.

2 Likes

I can do a half good rock vocal and been playing blues harp for 20 years, Not set up here for recording but could sort that out if needs be .ColdRoomStudio is the voice

1 Like

Oh, why the hell not? :grin: I do vocals, rhythm and lead guitar, bass guitar, play drums (rusty) and drum programming, shaman drum and shaker, and a bit of keyboards.

Most of this is things I have posted on the forum(s) at one time or another.

My ā€˜signatureā€™ song ā€œI Would Die For Metalā€, all original, me on vox and instruments (MIDI drums), lyrics and music inspired as a Spinal Tap parody (i.e. a parody of a parody :blush:).

Cover (karaoke track) of Godsmack ā€œWhateverā€, me on vocals. (explicit)

Cover (karaoke track) of Rob Zombie ā€œDragulaā€, me on vocals.

Cover of Motorhead ā€œDogsā€, me on vox and all instruments (MIDI drums).

Cover of Judas Priest ā€œMetal Godsā€, me on vox and all instruments (MIDI drums), home made sound effects based on how the band did them in the studio.

Cover (karaoke track) of Judas Priest ā€œBreaking the Lawā€, me on vocals.

Snippet of Judas Priest ā€œThe Ripperā€ intro, Rob Halford on left, me on right (vocals).

Cover of Aerosmith ā€œToys in the Atticā€, me on vox, instruments via collab with RR user.

Mixing contest song ā€œFlybugā€ by band A Girl and a Gun. Basic tracks were provided but only one drum track with Toms was in there; I had to add the main rhythm track for drums. Also added some sound effects.

Original song ā€œSave The Minionsā€, me on vox and beats/samples. Lyrics by (IRD member) Emma.

Original song ā€œSyria Rapā€, me on vox and beats/samples. Political topic, explicit.

Original theme song ā€œSpiderā€™s Webā€, me on programmed drums and Zebra synth, and lead guitar (sampled).

Oh, and last but not least, a cover of ā€œYouā€™re a Mean One, Mr. Grinchā€ with me on vocals and a karaoke track.

3 Likes

My strength is acoustic guitar. I am also decent at mandolin and bass, and electric rhythm guitar. I am not a lead/shred kinda guy by any stretch of the imagination.

1 Like

The Met really has missed outā€¦

Well I am glad that at least youā€™re not so good on keys, because everything else is certainly way above adequate.

1 Like

Man, I still have those files and Iā€™ve laid down some vocals on that. I really need to get my ass back on it.

1 Like

I can do bass, drums, and probably some basic rhythm guitar.

I donā€™t do shit, but I am good at what I do!

1 Like

@bozmillar - Cookie Monster has competition! Although, I must say, you sound a little like Adam Sandler too. https://youtu.be/Yq7b0Qcjlck

1 Like

I bit of dabble into everything lol
I am a score writer, conductor, flute player, pianist.

I do movie scoring and orchestration, I am working on my first real movie score at the moment :smiley:
(partial clip due to NDA)

I do covers, photography and video editing
https://youtu.be/4LEGZC6P4ho

I do mixing (sry no mastering) and compose backtracks for karaoke .

2 Likes

I play some guitar, drums and trumpet. I enjoy singing.

1 Like

I started playing music with a keyboard, but I quickly got involved into drums, vocals and guitar too. I am passionate about timing and interpretation so I can play anything tight and clean provided it doesnā€™t involve any technical stuff otherwise Iā€™ll suck, except maybe on keys.

Itā€™s interesting to see that most producers are also all-around musicians while musicians are rarely excellent on more than one instrument (not talking about prodigies like Jacob Collier and the likes who come from another planet).

1 Like

I play keyboards and sing mostly.
I also can play a bit of guitarā€¦ if I have too.
Iā€™ve been writing songs since I was 15 or so. Mostly ballads.
And the last few years Iā€™m trying to get better at the art of mixing.

Here are some samples:

1. Sagapo in Greek or I love you, from a record we did back in 2009 with a band called Arhi Dialogou. I composed, sang and played keyboards and acoustic guitar here.

1. Rainy Autumn Day. Another one of my songs. Everything here is done by me 5 or 6 years ago in my home studio.

1. A christmas song we did two years ago with my friend Nikos Iglezos who sings. I do the rest.

1. A summer song from back in 2004. Called Arhes Avgoustou in Greek or Beginning of August. Everything but the vocals and acoustic guitar was midi back then. Even the electric guitarsā€¦ Terrible :slight_smile:

1. And a couple of covers we do with my bands. With Busy Toneā€¦

Bad Company - Ready For Love

Toto - Georgy Porgy

1. And my acoustic band, Smokinā€™ Wood.

Blue Suede Shoes.

And Let Me Entertain You.

1 Like

I do lead guitar quite decently or so Iā€™ve been told. I can do metal vocals, extreme genres, death, black metal, decent Lemmy and Chronos impression. Decent bass player.

Current band:
www.Scrollkeeper.com

Old band:
www.DescentIntoMadness.com

Some odd bits and pieces Iā€™ve done

Black metal vocals:

Hard rock (did everything on this, drum loops):

I can fake decent Santana (only solos):

Industrial (everything minus drums)

Thrash/speed metal mega shred (programmed drums)

Death Metal (all, minus drums, bass)

Doom (guitars only):

Hard rock:

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to hear how this goes (including the process)!!