Who has had this problem ? :)

Hi,

I just downloaded Sonatina double bass, a free vst plugin.

But when I try to load it in cubase I get this:
Any suggestions? :smiley:

Iā€™m not the guy to answer this question but check to see if itā€™s in your VST plugins folderā€¦Iā€™ve had the same issues before and I donā€™t specifically remember how I fixed the situation, but I think itā€™s just a matter of finding the plugin in your computer and directing it to your DAW plugins folder. Someone else will probably chime in and explain it way better than I can.

1 Like

Yep to what Wicked saidā€¦ Iā€™ve often had to faff around with new vst instrumentsā€¦ find where all your others are stored then locate the new one and drag it on over. You are looking for the dll. file.
Plus you sometimes need to refresh the list, there is an option for that but I think simply re-booting cubase automatically does that. Not at my computer at the moment sorry. Let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Is this stand alone vsti? Or does this need Kontact sample player?

Sorry for the late reaction. Havenā€™t had a chance to come online since then :slight_smile:

Well, when I downloaded it, it had no installation file, just a .ddl and a .mse file.

So I put the .dll file in the vst plugins folder, so I could find it in cubase, which I did, and opend as a vst instrument, but then I got this message.

On the ā€œbigcat instrumentsā€ website, all of their instruments require a version of Kontact player (greater then Kontact 5)ā€¦so maybe that is the problem?

1 Like

Ah ok :s Yeah, I know close to nothing about these things :smiley: Iā€™ll check it out!

Thanks !