Which Master is Better?

Take a listen on a decent system ( preferably not mobile phone or tablet) and let me know which one you prefer:
Master A

or
Master B

6 Likes

B for me!

1 Like

Both sound good. A sounds more hyped, which I like, but I think B has a better balance and would tranlate better to various systems.

1 Like

I agree with Chandler’s assessment.

1 Like

another gem. Where has this been hiding? I have been crazier than a ghost lately…music director chair is very psychologically and physically taxing! (who knew right! lol)

A is a bit more modern sound, wide and unapologetic
B is more leaning towards classic sound…plant your feet and crush it type

Metallica vs Guitar Hero battle comes to mind

I think A will be better for a commercial release(more crowd pleasing sound) but I will definitely prefer B while rockin out with my laundry bucket! :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Two great choices here @ColdRoomStudio , you can’t go wrong I think. I can’t predict how they’ll translate to other systems. Purely for myself I guess I would choose A because of what Michelle calls the ‘modern sound’. I don’t know if it’s modern or not but to my ear it has more clarity.

1 Like

I listened to A first and thought- damn! That’s real good! For everything going on in this arrangement it is all in your face super clear, and I liked it a lot.

So B began almost identically, and yet as I played it and tried to pretend I could remember how A had sounded I had feelings B was smoother to some nth degree for some reason. I say that because B still retained the force of A, but even still, that was a feeling.

So I’m leaning toward A, but B was mighty smooth feeling for some reason.

1 Like

The master I did was better than both of them! Oh wait…I didn’t do one! Lmao! Just kidding…

They are both fine. Personally, you’re splitting hairs in my opinion. There is no “better” for me. A few slight “differences” but they both work perfectly for me. Nicely done. :+1:

2 Likes

B . The vocals are lost in A.

1 Like

JeanLouis45,

Welcome to the forum.
Glad you found us.

Thank you. I’ve been “loitering” for a while.

2 Likes

By a small margin I would go with B. A is of course fine, but I found the top end reduced my ability to hear details that stood out better in B. Most clients would probably pick A.

2 Likes

I shouldnt have looked at the comments before I have an opinion…

I prefer B but I cant really articulate why. Anyways great work @ColdRoomStudio !

2 Likes

It’s B for me. It feels deeper in the sounds. Great work.

1 Like

For my money it’s B hands down. A lot more energy and fullness in the top end, which really seems to enhance that reverb tail on the snare through the chorus, and helps maintain the momentum of the rhythm. “A” feels far less exciting.
Really sweet number.

1 Like

ColdRoomStudio,
Master A sounds better to me: excellent!

1 Like