Where did I steal this bridge lyrics from....ha ha

You might have to be very old to figure this one out. I took the lyrics from an old song I love and planted them in the bridge. Sappy ballad again

Hello

Something inside is goin crazy …Something is wrong with my heart
I feel it jumpin… I think I am fallin appart
I’m gonna win you I’m gonna win your heart

Got up my nerve and said hell…o, I’d like to talk with you…could you hang with me for awhile
She turned around and said hell…o… what is your name boy where did you get that smile

I tried not to stare when I saw you …. I hoped you might turn my way
You looked at me smilin…this could be my lucky day
I’m gonna win you I’m gonna win your heart

Got up my nerve and said hell…o, I’d like to talk with you…could you hang with me for awhile
She turned around and said hell…o… what is your name boy where did you get that smile

The rain came ….i said… please share my umbre…ll…a (bridge)
The rain stopped she stayed under my umbrella

It all started with hell…o no fancy pick up line just…hello hello… hello
I’m so happy I found you Just one little word…hello hello…hello

1 Like

The Hollies, “Bus Stop”. You older guys are pretty sneaky! :wink:

That song was way before my time!

1 Like

Ha ha Did you google it??? Yup a lota A min to G stuff goin on. Older guys just have a lot more time to think. You win the prize, but I forgot what it was…

Paul

Awww this is a sweetie Paul… loverly sweet backing vox and as usual you stun me with how you manage to do cheesy in a way that is bright upbeat and funky and somehow not cheesy at all… :sunglasses:
Love the umbrella bit, it’s cute and lightbeat and nice…
ach… must get into studio… I’ve been caught up in ‘life’ had to get some bits cut out of my eyes which has been a bit icky but seems all well and am on the mend again now thank goodness.

And of course I recognised the lyrics in the bridge haha…
:open_umbrella:

1 Like

Hi Emma My granddaughter Rachel asked about you yesterday. The middle one Jenna made reference to you in school. When asked if any of the kids knew folks in other parts of the world she said “nope, but my grampy has a music friend in New Zealand and she has awesome coffee” ha ha
so you got a facelift??? Glad you are healing.
I have the apartment about 3/4 done. Fired both the electrician and plumber. Doing all the work myself in 12 hour days. Plumbing inspector said my work was “picture perfect” Roz heard it cuz she had her ear to the wall. ha ha
Tired of sweet songs. Experimenting with a rock type song with two notes. G sharp and G. bumb bump
Going to see how far I can take it. I also have been playing “lucy in the sky with diamonds” alot on my guitar. Fun to sing along to that lick.
Ok, enough for tonight. Have much wiring to do tomorrow before I start drywalling, Best to you and yours

Paul

1 Like

Well, honestly I remembered the Hollie’s song but didn’t remember the name of it. And the Hollies were only important (to me at least) because they led to CSN&Y.

Age helps you think efficiently; you only think about important stuff, like why does my knee hurt today?

I like your song, sounds good, it’s well put together and . . . it has a good ending!

1 Like

Well, actually my knee doesn’t hurt today, but the ladder slipped and I had to fall/jump from 10 feet today. Ha ha I will feel it tomorrow. I am in very good physical shape. Can do 25 push ups and pull ups.
Glad you like the song ending, but I am now sick of those kind of songs for a while. Time to crank up some rock:) Take care

Paul

refreshing to see the needles moving on my vu meters!
sounds great…I can actually crank it up without hearing the typical compression dist.

acoustics sounding especially good.

1 Like

Thanks Scott and nice to meet you. I have noticed at soundcloud that most songs are almost all even at the top. Mine are peaks and valleys everywhere. That is because I don’t have mixing skills like most. ha ha
I do this for fun and it is a great hobby. Glad there is a place like this to share my stuff.

Paul

classical the needles swing all over, the thing is if I want louder I can turn up the volume knob…no problem. I find the more dynamic mix interesting.

yeah I like to delve into original music now and then… my old cd’s are fine, but new stuff is good now and then like this site.

rock on

1 Like