? What's with Avid and the free plugins? Did anyone else get about $1k worth of free junk from Avid?

? What's with Avid and the free plugins? Did anyone else get about $1k worth of free junk from Avid?

Can someone with a current PT non-HD rig check your application manager and see if there’s about $1000 worth of free plugins from Avid? I woke up a few days ago and found a BOATLOAD of new plugs in my app manager that wanted to install themselves! I waited a few days to install them because I didn’t believe they were actually free.

So did anyone else just get handed a crap ton of AAX vintage emulators? I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. Avid NEVER does this.

uh, not on my end. How did they get there? They aren’t just going to install themselves. Even if it’s free, that would piss a lot of people off. Did you run an update that put them in?

The installer flashed me a message that said ‘you have 26 new plugins to install’. Its all of the classic compressor emulators like the Pultecs, FairChilds, Summit, Purple 1176, LA2A’s, plus a bunch of stuff from Apex, DBX, Focusrite, Tube Tech, Joe Meek… all in AAX DSP format. I can really use some of these when the Waves and UAD stuff start bogging down the system. I’m really thrilled they’re handing it out.

Did you check the application manager? I think you said you had an HD rig…right?