What has been your biggest challenge with the mix contest mix?

Well, I’m done with the mix. I think for me the biggest challenge was the snare bleed or maybe it was the vocal automation. Then again strike that I struggled with drums the most.

I’m still working on it, but so far (drums) the hihat bleed and clicks have been difficult to tame!

honestly, find the energy to nearly finish it, because i didn’t like the song :wink:
The hard work was to manage with the snare sound. Guitar tones were really cool,
but too quantized.

What did you end up doing with the snare?

I used a gate that got rid of the bleeding.

Used bx_console, and the gate is very good.

How did you deal with it?

1 Like

Same here, got a gate on the snare and some sidechain comp to even it out on some parts… To me the fact that all the traks were in stereo kinda shook me up a little but I slapped myself in the face a couple of times and am at it!

I just cant for the life of me get a gate set RT.

I just adding a snare from addictive drums and blended it with the the main snare .which i Eqed,and compressed very lightly and called it a day. I did try to sidechain it from the OH but.that didn’t work.

I had the same reaction - I wished there wasn’t a pro version as I started trying to emulate that sound rather than going for my own. On the flip side, the more I heard the pro version the more I realized what I didn’t want to do. For example I did t want big reverby drums. I didn’t like the vocal effects either. Not for one minute would I say the pro version isn’t good - I just started to take it apart and start to think about the mix from an original point of view rather than recreating it.

Yeah, the pro version is great but I just heard it once or twice, downloaded the tracks and have worked a day in, a day out to get different perspectives from listening to it again to maintain an original point of view