We're All Alone, Boz Scaggs 1976

“We’re All Alone” is a song written by Boz Scaggs, which became a hit for Frankie Valli in 1976. The next year it was a top-ten hit for Rita Coolidge in the US and the UK. Scaggs introduced it on his 1976 album Silk Degrees, and included it as the B-side of two of the four single releases from that LP, including “Lido Shuffle”.

Dedicated to all the good citizens of Davao City, especially my friends and classmates of Batch 1978, from the Davao City High School!!!
Peace and Love!!!

I wasn’t familiar with this song, but it’s very pretty the way you perform it Rene! I do know about Boz Scaggs, a little bit, and clearly remember the song “Lido Shuffle” from the radio back then.

Wikipedia says that’s in the Philippines, is that where you’re from?

1 Like

Just for anyone unfamiliar, these are some songs off that album I remember quite clearly. Great musical notes in the historical register!

Sounds great Rene!

Here’s a live concert vid last year of Boz Scaggs (aged 77!) doing Low Down and the Lido Shuffle. Don’t see that he attempted ‘We’re All Alone’ here though there are some earlier ones.

2 Likes

Hi Stan,
I grew up in the beautiful city of Davao in Mindanao, Philippines.
Graduated high school in DCHS, in 1978. Love my education and experiences, won’t change a thing.

Thank you for the huge compliment, Stan!!!
You are so much appreciated.
And love the videos attached.
Boz Scaggs has a golden voice, and his songs are super nice!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Thank you so much, Ingo!!!
Warm regards.
Rene

Dude can still sing. Thanks, I feel much younger now

Intro was so clean and actually chilling. Just wonering what type of reverb you use.
Not so nice but back in the day our band played this. One night at a bar I could see our lead singer had way too much to drink His guitar was sideways along with his hat. His singing was hanging in there until…close the window drop your drawers…etc glad we were at a bar and not our normal wedding reception
btw maybe a baseball type hat one of these times

1 Like

Hi Paul,
I do have a few baseball hats, and for sure, I will get it in the video.
Thank you for your solid support, always enjoy your stories.
This song has a lot of great memories as a teenager in the 70s.
The seventies songs, are my most loved, as these are my best years as well.
Thank you. Paul!!!
Warm regards,
Rene

I see that it’s in the far south of The Philippines, and looks like a really beautiful place! You were lucky to grow up there I’d say! I love the tropics, on the rare occasions I have experienced them. I saw this tourism video which gives a quick glimpse, and the area has its own endangered eagle species which looks very majestic.

1 Like

Hi Stan,
Yes, yes, yes!!!
The monkey-eating eagle of Mindanao, the southern big island of the Philippines.
FYI, Philippines is composed of 7,120 island, and three main islands.
This pic might be the place that we went and stayed for a night on a cottage right on the beach, in 1974, on the outskirts of Davao City.
Well, everything was honky-dorry, until the wind died down, towards the middle of the night, and the mosquitoes attacked us. We did not know this, and we all moved into the nearest available hotel to sleep.
If we only knew, then the use of mosquitoes nets would have been in order, and the magnificence of the place would have been continued over a lovely dream.
I am scheduled to visit Manila, and other cities, to include Davao City early next year, yeayyyyy!!!
Thank you for this wonderful picture of paradise.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

You really nailed the vocals on this one. I think the song style is perfect for you.

1 Like

Hi JayGee,
Thank you for such wonderful comments.
I really appreciate this!
Warm regards,
Rene

Wow, they actually eat monkeys? I guess that makes sense, probably a nice treetop tasty meal for the eagle. Not so good for the monkey, obviously. Maybe somebody should tell the eagles to watch out for monkey-pox? :open_mouth:

That can happen with sand fleas too, though I don’t know if they’re found in that part of the world. The wind suppresses them I guess, so when there’s no wind they get active.

Awesome, I look forward to hearing about your trip at a future time! Maybe you can record some songs there, played on the beach, on your phone or something?

1 Like

Thanks Stan!!!
Stay well!