Waves VSTs

Waves is having a pretty nice sale going on.
Are there any must have plugins that you suggest that I look at?

1 Like

I don’t have many Waves plugins… I use Waves Nx all the time, but it’s not on sale. The one I picked up recently was Abby Road Plates (reverb) and I really like that one so far.

Don’t forget you can demo any of their plugins before you buy!

I got the abbey road plates on the black friday sale. Something like $29, incredible bargin.
Its really a very very very good reverb. This along with the Softube TSAR1 has now got me pretty much covered for every reverb situation I want.

I have a few other waves plugins but the ones that make it into pretty much every mix are the CLA-2A and Kramer Tape (I dont know how it compares to their other tape machine).

I was going to say the plates as well. H-Reverb is pretty cool as well.

I don’t know that i will ever want another plate now that i have the little plate from soundtoys. That thing is just something special.

1 Like

Ah you just reminded me I snagged that one for free when they offered it. I still haven’t tried it, but I totally will!

I would love to have one of these!!!

1 Like

Not even remotely the same, but did you ever see this thread?

That was supposed to be a joke.

That’s pretty cool!!! I don’t think I could build it, but I’d love to have a real plate someday if I had an enormous amount of empty space! :smiley:

Huh? I meant that my reverb instructions weren’t like the plate.

1 Like

OH! ~ HA!!! I thought you were informing me that the SoundToys Little Plate wasn’t remotely the same as the physical EMT plate. Dude…too funny. Lost in translation…right?

1 Like

Yeah, towards the east the accents keep getting less and less intelligible until you get to Germany, and it’s like they’re talking in an entirely different language.

I figured that much was obvious, that’s pretty funny that you thought I felt that needed to be pointed out.

1 Like

Do try it is a beautiful thing.

Yeah I gave it a try–it does sound very nice! Reminds me a bit of the reverb that’s included in iZotope Nectar. I’m also missing the pre-delay built in. But it has a great sound for sure, and I love how long the tail can get–that’s something unique about it vs. the other plate reverbs I have.

1 Like

yeah i am finding that despite the mix knob on this and slate digital’s repeater plugin i am still having to throw them on an fx bus to get the sound i am after. It has been a bit of pain actually having to come to that. Actually it was when i was mixing your song that i realized that funnily enough.

I like the 140 plate in altiverb .atahe Abbey plate is very hungry .Hornet tape is far the best tape plugin ive heard .Kramer tape has been around for a while now but still very good .Slate tape dont get a look in here