Waves CLA Epic

Does anyone use this plug? Waves has it right now for $29.95, and after watching the demo it looked pretty functional.
It appears to be a matrix of 4 reverbs and 4 delays, with routing in both directions. I’d imagine you could set up a bunch of sends and receives in your mix template to approximate the plug, but does anyone have this and consider it indispensable?

I do.

Yes the internal routing is pretty complex. My issue with it is that it doesn’t allow individual routing to the different modules. IMO it would be much more useful if that was the case.

I’ve used it a couple of times. I can’t say I’m a fan of it. It is certainly not indispensable to me.

1 Like

Thanks. He did bring up good points about sending delays into a room reverb, which I’ve probably doing in reverse.
It probably was to promote the plug, but he made it seem like he was using multiple instances on almost everything. Modern recordings seem less apt to go heavy on this stuff than they used to.

In my opinion it’s very functional. I don’t use it because it’s complete overkill for broadcast mixing. If I was doing music, I definitely would.

but by the time you do that, you may as well open the plugin. It’s going to take a LOT of work to get those set up and cross routed, and it can be a headache to have that many parallel bus sends firing at the same time.

I think this is going to come down to how much you need the flexibility of delays.

Possible replacements would be doing something like running a PSP 608 md into a verb chain… but this is where you can start to see that having the delays and verbs in one plug WITH routing could be valuable.

I noticed that too and I agree.