Wasteland - The Scratch Mix (Updated Once)

Posted this mainly to ask how it’s coming along, any feedback is appreciated, even if it’s cruel and will make me cry.

Numba 2

All right, adjusted some EQ settings and tweaked a few things, and I went compressionless on the master bus. Don’t know if I’ll leave it that way, just trying it out.

3 Likes

Seriously digging it so far! My first listen was from my phone and it was distorting a bit on occasion, so just a heads up on that.

1 Like

It’s possible, might be your phone though. That kick is a monster. Thanks for the feedback, the luscious reverb will blow your mind on a stereo.

I’ll check that out! There is a ton to like on this mix so far :beerbanger:

2 Likes

Like McDonald’s, “I’m Loving It!”. The reverb on the vocal is luscious. Flange on the guitar gives it a little more drama. Nice Clownpenis.fart!

1 Like

Sounds really good. I’m listening on my BX5 M-Audio studio monitors.

The singing is really nice.

I might brighten up the clean guitar a little bit…, BUT I really don’t feel confident saying that. The mellow warmth of the tone you’ve got right now is relaxing and suits the vibe.

I updated that shit, see what you think, or don’t. You’re a free Canadian sex God.

I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I’ll check you out!

I like the guitar EQ more on this second version, BUT I’m listening on my laptop this time…I did compare the two version on the laptop though, and I prefer the guitar in the second one.

1 Like

I can’t tell between the two. The volumes were so different when I switched to the second one it was hard to tell. All I know is her voice/song is scary good.

Paul

1 Like

One thing notice is: the lowest frequencies (low-midrange) in the lead vocal seem to really be lingering on the reverb which compromises intelligibility. I’d try experimenting with a high pass filter on the vocal reverb or TDR Nova. See how much you have to cut off till the vocal sounds “clearer”.

1 Like

You’ve got it commander Rock.

1 Like

You did some nice improvements on the next mix, kudos man!!
To me, the new one has more dynamic coming from the drum kit. Good job!