Wasteland Mix by Aaron Narace

Thank you @Tmsky69 and @painfnp1!!! Really appreciate it!!!

I find the mix to be a little muddy in the part before the drums kick in. I am also distracted by clicks and pops (28s, 33, 44, etc) I am not sure what is causing them but that needs to be cleaned up. then the end of wasteland at 1:15 that is similar. After that i start to enjoy the mix more. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Nice balance and space throughout. The bridge section (2:50) lacked excitement for me in comparison to the rest of the mix and would have benefited from a bit more brightness on the solo guitar, 2k(ish).

1 Like

already did my input previously (monitors AV40s, treated room)
this is an earbud pass (hearing all mixes on some terrible samsung earbuds)

my earbuds and your fading out ending … gave me a weird feeling in the end as if I was abducted by aliens from the wasteland (I think I have had too much wine) - still a fav mix :alien:

seemed to translate fine mostly, not much to add other than what was previously mentioned and mentioned by others.

LOL… Hope you reach back safely from your abduction… lol. Thanks @FluteCafe

Aaron,

I enjoyed your mix. Good balance and panning choices overall. I liked the effect choices as well.

Areas to improve (by my personal preference, of course):

I listened on monitors and headphones, and find the mix a bit heavy and slightly sharp in the mid-range overall on both, missing a bit of air on the highs and some of the low end. I am hearing the same thing on several other mixes as well, though.

This is a small criticism. Kudos for creating excellent clarity overall!.

I think the second guitar could come up in the mix a bit.

I still hear the buzz on the main guitar a bit, but it was really a bear to completely kill it.

All of these are very minor and could easily be fixed if we had more than one entry…

I pulled up two windows, level matched the songs and A/B’d against several other mixes, and yours held up very well.

I hope everybody else is listening by level matching and directly comparing to other mixes. It is the best way to hear the difference in the details.

I enjoyed your mix. Nice job, and good luck to you in the contest!

I bet it is warmer where you are today!

hey @jetwolf,

Really appreciate the comments man and yup, it’s warm and nice in Trinidad! :slight_smile: