Wasteland comments and voting

Wow, a lot great mixes. So many different directions. I’m finding it very hard to rate everyone mixes. As far as comments, I lack confidence in my abilities to suggest much. I guess I can just list what l liked or didn’t. Early comments on the tracks like boomy kick, noisy guitar and heavy reverb I agreed with and are some of the things I will base my voting on. The other issue for me is, we’re giving the opportunity to add instruments. which was a huge deal for me on this. I wanted to add some bass, maybe a little more keys and change up some of the guitar parts.I ended up not doing any of that because I felt it took away from the artist original vision for the song and again that is something I will base my voting on. I liked the dryer mixies and ones that didn’t add to many instruments. Although there are a few versions with additional instruments I really like. I’m say this this cause I feel I may not have any solid advice and that I may just be throwing numbers out there just for the sake of voting. Will with that being said I think everyone’s mix needs more COW BELL! Ya I said it. I hope to be uploading my mix soon. I need to make an MP3 version. Merry Christmas all. Take care.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas! Have a good one.

1 Like

A song ALWAYS needs more cowbell !
Don’t be shy ! Don’t be afraid to write anything that could be wrong or so.
It is just about your feeling !

Nice mix !
Joyeux Noël/Merry Christmas

2 Likes

Agreed. We are all music lovers here with various backgrounds and technical abilities, so just say what you like or don’t like. Music is very subjective by nature anyway. I guess my main criteria is, “does it sound good and do the changes serve the song”?

Merry Christmas everyone! :smiley:

PS. And just in case anyone doesn’t “get” the cowbell reference… https://vimeo.com/24403773

1 Like

Still got a few hours until Christmas Eve o’er here.

1 Like