Waste land

Cool track enjoyed it

I Remember now back to all this agro

Here’s the player until the mods fix your original post, I’ll give it a listen now.

1 Like

All right, homeboy. Here’s my impression of this. Overall, I like the EQ choices, more than most people’s. That being said, there’s a LOT of compression on this one. For the vocals, they sound a bit overdone with the compression. That could just be because they’re so very dry, and the main guitar is too. This is kind of a mystical song, and I think it offers itself some ambience. I would definitely add some reverb or at least a more prominent delay to the guitar and the vox. Another thing is when that guitar comes in (which is tracked with a lot of reverb) it’s kind of a culture shock that feels out of place at 0:50 because your mix is so dry up to that point. It doesn’t sound like it fits. Just like it was tacked on. As far as EQ, I think you’re pretty spot on. The piano has some buildup in the megaphone frequencies, around 500Hz.

I think the drums have too much attack as well, being that it’s a pretty mellow song. They come in and they pound, which is cool, but I don’t think they lend themselves to the arrangement very well. I’d tone back the overhead a bit too, the ride cymbal is coming in a little hot, and I had the same problem mixing mine. The original kick in the recording is very boomy, so I tried to tame the hell out of it in my mix (I might have gone too far), but I think you should hit the multi-band compressor at about 50Hz on that thing so you don’t lose intensity by merely subtracting it with EQ. I like what you did with the solo, that part of the song is kinda dull, and you made the guitar sound more meaty. Thinking about redoing a solo with a pal of mine, he was also gonna play bass. You definitely made it hit hard, but I think it’s too hard for the kind of song it is. My two cents.

Cool cheers for the feedback mate

1 Like

Revisions

When you upload a file, just make sure you put an extra line space between the text and the uploaded file. Then the player will show up automatically. Thanks!

1 Like

finished

Fixed that for you. --Mgmt.

You gotta put a line in between your text and the link or the player won’t come up and not everyone will hear it.

Like that, it’s your last mix that is right there.

1 Like

Yes pretty happy with it I think , cheers once again for you valuable feedback