Wanna play on a Beatles parody?

I just got the crazy idea to write a parody of Ticket To Ride, called Chicken To Fry. Does anyone want to play drums, guitars, bass on this project? I’ll do the vocals.

Maybe for the sake of simplicity, we can play along to the original studio recording until we get enough tracks to work with it. I recommend that we record it at 44.1khz.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

We could also turn this into a mixing contest!

I might want to do something like that in the future but right now my hands are a bit full. I would be interested in hearing your parody though!

1 Like

Fun idea. I was a junior in high school when this came out (1965) We played it in our band a few times. Nobody danced. Home for unwed mothers as I remember (ride). I am on vacation for at least a month, or I would jump on board. good luck

Sincerely

Paul

1 Like

Think I’m going to be sad, I think it’s today
My last yardbird got loose, and she ran away
I’ve got no chicken to fry
I’ve got no chicken to fry fry fry
I’ve got no chicken to fry, the freezer’s bare

She said that livin’ with me was bringing her down
All her friends got cooked
She was the last one around
I’ve got no chicken to fry,
I’ve got no chicken to fry fry fry

3 Likes

Think I’m going to be sad, I think it’s today
My last bird was only a fad, and she ran away
My last bird she went bad, and she ran away
My last bird was making me mad and she ran away

1 Like

I think I saw a big squirrel, up there in the tree, yeah,
If I can sneak up on him, I’m eatin’ for free
I’ve got no chicken to fry, fry, fry

I don’t know why she flew the coup
She better think twice, she better cluck back to me
Or I’ll be making ketchup soup
She better think twice, she gonna fry nice for me

2 Likes

I know I’m gonna be sad, the squirrel got away, yeah
There’s not much meat on those bones, anyway, yeah
I’ve got no chicken to fry, fry, fry
I’ve got no chicken to fry
My freezer is bare

My chicken don’t care
My chicken don’t care
My chicken don’t care

2 Likes

LOL! You all went in a completely different direction with your lyrics than I’m going with mine. This is great.

She’s Got A Chicken To Fry

I am not in a hurry to get this project finished (or even started for that matter) so if anyone wants to volunteer for a part to work on later, let me know.

I’ll give the bass a go… later suits me too. Used to cover Ticket to Ride years ago in the band, so it must be Throwback Thursday today!

1 Like

Has to be left-hand bass though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Funny!

Whenever it gets done, make a note to pan the bass hard left.

2 Likes

Quite honestly, that’s one of my least favorite things about those Beatles stereo recordings.

Weird Al Yankovic wanted to record a cover of “Live and Let Die” called “Chicken Pot Pie” and Paul McCartney turned him down because he’s a Vegetarian and he didn’t like that Weird Al was talking about eating meat. You can still do it legally, just know that McCartney disapproves.

I completely forgot about that. I have no problem pulling the project.

Tell me about it! He pulled the plug on a Hard Day’s Night cover we did at a fete 5 years ago! Had a few hits on YouTube too!

Hofner Violin?

Whatever makes you comfortable. I think it’s a fun idea, but Sir Paul McCartney won’t. Then again, I don’t know how widespread it would be and if he’d even hear it.