Vocal effects, processing?

Thanks Stan, I am trying this right now. You are like the Richard Simmons of tongue exercises. :tongue:

Thank you Wick and I honestly couldnā€™t tell you. My guess is that its head voice.

1 Like

Itā€™s a muscle. The more you use it the stronger it gets. :muscle: :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™d urge caution in the tongue gymnasticsā€¦ overthinking what you are doing could really wreck the vocal flow. There are many schools of thought re optimising vocal performance. Iā€™ve tried a bunch of them and for me, opening the voice fully and richly is more of a whole body experience. Being aware of sounds that cause sibilance takes practice and with practice and a greater sense of awareness you can dramatically reduce the issues over time. But if there are issues once you have recorded, well, there are a bunch of tricks available to sort them out! :grinning:

3 Likes

WeGotLost,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: piano sounds very nice. Kind of unusual you have the vocal panned to the right; they did stuff like that in the 60ā€™s at times. It works OK though. Nice singing, and nice song! Everyone has their own idea how much and what type of effects a person should add to the vocals. I suggest experimenting with delay and reverb effects and see if you like it any better. I never use one, but some people use De-Essers to tame the S sound. What state or country are you from?

This is a really nice tune! Love the piano and chord progression on this. Youā€™ve gotten a lot of good suggestions, so Iā€™ll hold off. Looking forward to the update!