Upper hand mix

Ghostly Beard

great vibes! love the space on instruments in the backtrack mix. Love the trumpets.
Theres something colliding with the vocals in the center, 2:45 can only listen on earbuds right now. Likely the organ that could use a bit of depth or panning. Vocals could use a bit more compression and color unless the jumpiness is intended for ‘swag’ .
Good listen, something different!

1 Like

Cheers Michelle you certainty have very good ears. I will get this back up and have another quick look

1 Like

Few adjustments

Cool Mix Takka! I’m missing the background vocals/response though, I wonder why you didn’t use them?

1 Like

Oh me bad i obviously forgot lol,What an idiot

1 Like

Wow, this one sounds very, very familiar! :wink:

Nice mix, Alan!

The vocals are a little boxy in the low mids for me, and as @FluteCafe Michelle pointed out , the vocals need more dynamic control. I think if you got the vocals more levelled out, you could also turn them up somewhat without them jumping out of the mix to much. I think the vocals deserve to be the star attraction.

Otherwise, very nice!

Well, well, well… nice to hear from you again, Pat… your presence here lately has been truly… ghostly! :rofl:

2 Likes

Listening to the second mix, haven’t read any comments yet.

Instruments sound wonderfully crisp and spread nicely. The vocals seem a little inconsistent in level a bit too on top for my liking, probably solved with a little more compression and perhaps a few scoops of low mids may make it sit a little better.
Cool little effects in various sections. Love the synths that appear every now and then.
The shaker is perfect, really gives that last verse a good feel.
I’ve heard this before, so I am assuming it’s been on the BTR section before :slight_smile:
I’d bring the guitar solo into the centre at the end, as it isn’t fighting with any vocals so it can have centre stage and then you could play with a delay or similar if you wanted too (just an idea).
Overall, very nice mix. Well done.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: That’s what I do! :wink:

1 Like