Two songs to review, will return the favor! New as of August 15th!

I put two songs in my music website: “In A Spirit Realm” is the (reggae) song on top, and “Long Time Ago” (hard blues rock) is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I will return the favor. Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=224436

1 Like

Hi aaron I can’t walk and chew gum at the same time, so two songs is a bit for me. Haha
loved the bass fx sound…I found the lyric notes in the melody a little repetitive without varying
I love the rock song. Great lick that I havent heard before. Like the dead stop also.
You sing it well, but there is a part of me that is thinking it doesn’t pack a wallup punch that is needed for this powerful background. Not sure if that makes sense. More direct in your face?? Just my take. love your stuff

feaker,
Thank you for listening and commenting, I appreciate it! I wish I could belt it out, at times, like Robert Plant, but not many can sing like that, or that well.

Hi Aaron, Great bass licks on the “Spirit”.
Love your vocals and guitar on Long Time ago.
The guitar solo is so nice, I am simply blown away.
Great recording and enjoyed the listen on my headphones.
The mix on both recordings are done very well.
Always good to hear your projects.
Rene

ReneAsologuitar,
Thank you for listening to both songs and reviewing them; I appreciate it!

I didn’t like this song as much as I hoped, Aaron. There’s a lot of cool technical things going on, but the type of melody was not catchy to me. The guitar sound reminds me of Duran Duran’s Rio.

I liked this one a lot more today, almost starts like Led Zeppelin off 1 or 2. I guess you are going for a Plant type vocal, and it is working pretty well. Indeed, all the song parts seem inspired by parts of various Zep songs, the total result being a mesh of riffs and melody snippets that is your song. I think you might have benefitted from some vocal melody riff that could tie it altogether more tightly.