Two songs to review: one got Radio BBC play! Will return the favor!

I put 2 songs in my music website: “Please Pretty Please” is the song on top, and “Black & White” (it was played on the Radio BBC by (DJ) Tom Robinson: whose song “2-4-6-8 Motorway” had lots of play on MTV and/or VH1 in the 80’s, and has collaborated with Elton John, Brian May of Queen, and Peter Gabriel) is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I promise to return the favor. Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=224436&content=overview

1 Like

I quite enjoyed the reggae-ish vibe of “Pretty Pretty Please”. I really like the sounds you chose for that.

I enjoyed the synth sound you used for the solo, and I like the way it builds as you add instrumentation into it.

I found the transition from the verse into the solo a little disjointed and laboured . The transition from the end of the solo back to the verse flows better.

I really like the saturation you have on the vocals - it gives them an earthy feel and keeps them up front and audible at the same time.

For the most part on this song, I enjoyed the vocal performance, but at times I find the vocal affectations and pitch “swoops” a bit over-the-top and distracting from the song itself.

One thing I enjoyed about the second track “Black & White” was the tempo accelerando. I think that it something that could be used more in music, so kudos for that!

That said, this is definitely my least favourite of these two tracks…

To my ear, the guitar sound is quite strident and a little harsh.

The vocals are very difficult for me to understand, and the reverb and fx are contributing to that. The vocal “swoops” and glissandos make listening to this one difficult for me.

…sorry, not to my cup of tea at all.

Congratulations on your radio play nonetheless!

Hi aaron Sorry for the delay. My puter continues to die. It starts, the keys light up and then shuts off in 5 seconds. I brought to a dude and said windows was corrupted. Wiped our all my stuff. It is still doing it. I just ordered a now hard drive. Decently priced $55 western digital Anyhow, we will see how it works. I won’t shut this off anymore. ha ha
I don’t have the ears or the knowledge base to comment in detail on your tracks. Makes me kinda sad because you always help on my stuff. I like the guitar sound on black and white. Lots of processing but it worked for me. I do think tho that in combination with the heavy reverb or delay on the vocal is just a little too much. Andy is big time talented, so I would take his comments to heart. Good to hear from you. I am working on another. take care

ColdRoomStudio,
Thank you for listening to both songs and for your comments, I appreciate it!

1 Like

feaker,
Thank you for listening and commenting, I appreciate it! Hope your computer works well for a long time.