Trying for quirky/odd/out there?

Without reading anyone else’s comments, I wanted to comment that this kind of sounds to me like Peter Noone is singing for the Beatles. I really dig it.

1 Like

Ha ha I went and saw Peter and his son on bass ( pole, string and galvanized tub) and i grew up with the Beatles. Yes, someone else mentioned the Beatles. btw, Peter still has it. ha ha

Thanks for listening

Paul

1 Like

Hey Paul, the pawnshop/distortion pedal route is always good, you could throw in toy store/music stores also, it’s all good.

Really though you might consider getting friendly with the midi thing, there’s a big wide world of cool sounds that don’t depend on micing and performance issures.

An alternative to learning midi would be letting your fans here at IRD help out, maybe have a “Feaker Mixing Contest” where we can give audio suggestions and you can pick and choose what works for you?

1 Like

Ha ha , now that is funny. Yeah, I have found out that people like to help out the elderly. I was at a car wash yesterday and I couldn’t get the thing to work and an worker came to help. I said it sucks to get old.

Yes, I said I was going to learn midi but didn’t. I think you need a keyboard etc. I will look that up. I am just so used to doing it all myself. My drummer from out band used midi and he does some great things.

Going to the pawn shop this aft. I have a list now of the better ones. thanks guy

Paul

I’ve been using this IK Multimedia iRig Pro 37-key midi controller/keyboard and it suits my needs really well. I reckon yours and my usage of midi would be pretty similar Paul, so it’s one model you could consider. I started out with a 24-key controller but found that was a bit too limiting. 37 is just right for me.

2 Likes

Thanks bud, I’m on it…and I have a birthday right around the corner:)

1 Like

That sounds perfect CW!

I have an Alesis Q49 that is the same deal. As long as you have midi, usb, and velocity sensitive keys you can stir up all kinds of trouble. I like that I can pick it up with one hand and lay it between my monitors, plug in the USB and record or make noise instantly. It’s easy and fun.

2 Likes