Tryin to beat the hangman..done..thanks to all

Yeah, this is why I said above “I’ve always got songs”. I never throw stuff away. I have LOTS and LOTS of ideas that aren’t completed songs. I’ve learned to be patient - most of this stuff eventually comes to me - like pieces of a puzzle that eventually slot into place. My subconscious coughs up little fragments all the time. It’s just a matter of keeping them around until you can find a bigger picture they fit in. But until that happens, I keep 'em to myself, as they don’t really make any sense.

1 Like

I like the mood you’ve created here, Paul. This is a very good one from you!

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful song you have here, with deep lyrics that are supported by a slow guitar riff that sounds inescapable and grim.

The overall impression is great. The only thing that stood out for me were the vocal dynamics that are sometimes uneven.

Congrats and… hang in there!

Hi Just did a big wow viewing you studio setup. As for those vocal volumes. I don’t use a compressor. Dumb I know. I take the higher spikes and knock them down manually a few db’s. The other problem is not having the completed lyrics before starting the song. I crank my audio box up and dow between listening monitors and it is never the same for the next session. I turn that volume up until I see a bit of green. haha very professional. The second verse has so much more trebble and I din’t know why. Might have gotten to close. I got tired of the song, said screw it and moved on. Started another. thanks for your kind words and that vocal catch. love to know your guitar names

feaker,
Audio quality is very good per usual. Heavy lyrics; though I assume you might have felt that way back then? Glad you survived. Nice melodies and instrumentally it all sounds good. Carry on! :slight_smile:

Hi, very interesting song and style. It is great to hear someone breaking the usual mold. I love the solo vocal - great voice and intimate mood created. The background vocals are especially interesting at the beginning but later on seem a bit random or less synched to the whole song which makes the structure less coherent. I think the song needs a bit of streamlining for greater unification, but I think you really have something going here.

1 Like

Houston we have a live one. It’s been morgue like around here as of late. Glad you popped up.

It is great to hear someone breaking the usual mold…ha ha that would be me

I am at a winter home and can’t get to that track right now, but will check out your suggestions.

sincerely

Paul (73 yrs old) ha ha