This week's new rock song...subpar oh well

I am done with this one. It just doesn’t have any zip or real appeal. On to the next :slight_smile:

Version two. Upped the tempo by two.ha ha Fixed some mutt vox notes. Tamed the background axes thru the verses. Employed compression on the bass called round and deep that cuts heavy in the 2-400 range. Next will be a lead or bridge. ps my voice does not work for this kinda song…no growl

Goin down

Goin down this lonely road…it gets better that’s what I’ve been told
Goin down I have lost control…this sinking feeling in my gut is gittin old

I’m feelin like I’m broken in two.it’s gone this thing between me and you

goin down goin way way down…goin down bout to hit the ground
goin down goin down way way down
Tell everybody in this whole damn town…I’m goin down D E A

Goin down in a blaze of glory…can’t look back no need to feel sorry.
Goin down like a submarine…nuthin ugly and nuthin obscene

I guess I’ll just stay in my home…I’m not lookin forward to being alone C D

goin down goin way way down…goin down bout to hit the ground
goin down goin down way way down
Tell everybody in this whole damn town…I’m goin down D E A

3 Likes

Really cool riff, Paul - I like it! The ending is awesome too - I really like how you’re trying some very different stuff and stretching yourself. Who says an old dog can’t try new tricks! Well done!

1 Like

Hi Andy. Yup, the demos are rough, but if I get any direction for improvement it’s all worth it. My next thing is to find the point where the interest starts to lag. I’m too close to it right now. I asked Bob to look and hopefully I can get him to sing it.
I have been putting a guitar plugin on my voice to make it more rockish. Bob is a natural at that and so are you. Sweet stuff is better for me. Still tryin for one a week. thanks for your take and anytime things slow down for you, I would love to have you on board for my nostalgia cd.

Hi feaker,
You are a natural, music just oozes in your system.
I agree with CRS, really cool riff.
Love this recording.
Rene

1 Like

feaker,
Listening to the second mix. Reminds me a little bit of ZZ-Top, which is a compliment (I saw them play a great show a few months ago). I don’t care what you say, I like it! Haha. Very good song; it all sounds good to me!

1 Like