The Heart of the Matter, Don Henley 1989

“The Heart of the Matter” is a song recorded by American rock singer Don Henley from his third solo studio album, The End of the Innocence (1989). Written by Henley, Mike Campbell, and J. D. Souther.

This song is dedicated to all the lovers of our world, who, for some reason or another, lost the flame and the kindness of love!!!
This song is also dedicated to all troubled peoples asking and searching for forgiveness, in their paths toward peace and contentment!!!

And more importantly, this song is for all the people in our lives that has the ability to forgive.

Choose to love, do forgive, for one’s healthy propagation of good in mind and spirit!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

3 Likes

That was a great piece of art, and a great era! I saw Don & Company on that tour, it was excellent! He rivaled his success with the Eagles IMO on that project. The heart (intuition) is so much more powerful than science and logic, and is the key to our salvation.

“Give what you got, and don’t take what ain’t yours.”

1 Like

Hi Stan, @Stan_Halen ,
I agree, the heart is the window of our soul, and our minds need to ensure that our hearts stay pure.
The tempting pleasures of this world can really pollute our hearts and make it dark and cold.
Warm regards, and thanks for the excellent response!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

1 Like

Sounds great, Rene!

1 Like

Hi Rene. For some reason I never did think about these lyrics. Perfect fit for your lifetime beliefs.

You mellow me right out my friend. Even more than my morning coffee. ha ha

1 Like

Indeed. We can see that happening all around us. It requires much fortitude to maintain a loving heart after repeated disappointments and trespasses.

For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. - Psalm 86:5 (King James Version)

1 Like

Bearing hatred is a very heavy load, forgiveness eases the heaviness and purifies the heart!!!
Yeahhhhhh!

2 Likes

Hi CRS,
You are so loved, and so much appreciated.
Your solid support is a pure gift and blessing!
Thank you, as always,
Rene

1 Like

You are simply awesome, my friend!
Hope your lovely wife is doing better!!!
And I am wishing your family peace and joy!!!
Pls stay safe and keep healthy!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

1 Like

Whole lotta people, Rene!

You have made the words to this song come to my attention. And excellent performance.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Steve!!!
Don Henley is a poet, and a very good singer and storyteller!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

Rene,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your video: I am quite familiar with Don Henley, though I don’t recall hearing this song before…on second thought, it does sound somewhat familiar. Excellent guitar playing and singing! :slight_smile: