The Good Lord Loves You, 1979

The Good Lord Loves You was composed by American songwriter Richard Fagan. This song was recorded by Neil Diamond and released on the September Morn album in 1979.

The Good Lord Loves You by Neil Diamond, 1979

I’m singing this song For the men in your prisons and jails
The junkies and juicers and every good man that fails
And for every outlaw who’s got no place left to go
The Good Lord Loves You The Good Lord Loves You
The Good Lord He loves you so

And I’m singing this song for the leaders of every land
For every political and every military man
And for every mother and child In their kingdoms below
The Good Lord Loves You The Good Lord Loves You
Ain’t it sad that we’re doing so bad

I’m singing this song With a feeling that’s deep in my heart
And I wish that I could tear down the walls that keep us apart
And I wish I could tear down the walls so the feelings could grow The Good Lord Loves You The Good Lord Loves You
Ain’t it sad that we’re doing so bad

1 Like

Hey Rene what do ya say another winner aaaaayyy

Simple stuff is the best. D and G chords and a sprinkled Em. ha ha

I have to get a Martin I can see that now. Ten times the guitar my Tackamine is .

Not much to pick at once again. Just a few vox notes off slightly. Your delivery is from the heart which overshadows any slight flaw.

Is this recent? If it is, I am ready for a competition for weekly tracks made. I can’t compete with your quality however. love the lyrics bud…congrats

1 Like

Hi feaker,
I just recorded this song.
This song is not my composition.
This song was recorded by Neil Diamond in 1979.
You are correct, very simple chords on this song, I actually just added the Em sprinkling.
Thanks for the great comments!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Rene,
I have a couple of Neil Diamond stories. My ex-girlfriend from decades ago was into Amway. I wasn’t into Amway, but went to many meetings to be supportive. One of the meetings had about 8 people there. One of them there was Ron Tutt: he was a long time drummer for Neil Diamond and Elvis Presley. I wanted to talk to him, but didn’t know what to say; I am not a real drummer. I found it pretty odd Tutt was into Amway. Second story: long time live rhythm guitarist (for Diamond) Hadley Hockensmith hung out at the Line 6 forums for years. He gave me a compliment on one of my original songs long ago. Your cover tune (not familiar with the original) sounds very good, pleasant, and relaxing. Nice guitar playing and singing! Good job!

3 Likes

Hi Aaron,
I have a confession to make.
A couple of decades ago, my brother-in-law wanted to attend an Amway Presentation in Los Angeles, and I was in sanDiego at the time, and so I went with him. We both dropped out of the Amway train.
Thanks for your good words on my composition.
I just started a couple of years ago, as my daughter pushed me to create my You Tube channel. Since then, I was focused on original compositions.
And this Neil Diamond song is a very simple song, but I cannot believe that I got carried away, and the song lasted 6 minutes.
Always a pleasure to chat with you Aaron!
Rene

1 Like