The faceless immortals(instrumental)

I usually don’t do metal, but I thought I’d try it. I’d appreciate any feedback on the mixing, production, etc.

4 Likes

For someone that doesn’t usually do metal, you did a fantastic job! :beerbanger:

I’m listening from work on the speaker built into my literal monitor, so I can’t advise too much on the mix, but it translates well for what that’s worth. haha!

Great playing! I love your sense of melody and dynamics throughout the track.

1 Like

Man this sound is good. I picture Jack Nicholson and Anthony Hopkins in mortal combat. I miss rock and metal. You are very talented. I can’t think of anything to pick at. congrats

1 Like

This is an awesome music for an exciting movie track.
I do not think this is metal, rather a captivating and melodic composition.
The mix is great, the drums are just right, which is the primary beat mover.
The guitar solo is outstanding.
I love the whole production.
Rene

1 Like

Sounds pretty great, Chandler! Killer guitar sounds…

One niggly little thing that caught my attention was the drum fills - It sounds like all the hits are full velocity and they are triggering the same sample, causing that telltale “machine-gun” effect. Just varying the velocity of the individual hits in the fills may alleviate that.

All told, really nicely done!

1 Like

I don’t follow ‘metal’ that much @Chandler but you have an interesting take on that sound here. That synth sound at about 1:00 is a great contrast against the typical harsh metal riff, nice hook. And your solo is very melodic and nicely phrased which seems different than the metal I’ve heard which is a nice touch.

1 Like

This is tight, very engaging and many fun changes. The only weaker link I think is the keys are wonderful, but they just seem to be floating with nothing under it. It feels like there needs to be more to be playing under it to prop it up. Something with a little bass end or something to compliment it that doesn’t take away from it but doesn’t leave the song at that part feeling like a bit of the energy just went out of it. Maybe the keys just need to be more powerful, or something. Great song for sure.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the feedback.it is really helpful. I actually did write this based on a fantasy book, so those that said it sounded like a soundtrack are correct.

1 Like